but yesterday I tried this combo

on one section of a hood,

optimum polish w/ rotary 1500rpm yellow pad

z8`d spray it

z-pc LC green pad, pc speed 5

z2por LC black pad, pc speed 4

Natty`s Blue x 1 by hand

and it worked out pretty well so far..

z-pc spread nicely and came off really nice as well..

But i was more surprised at how easily z2 pro spread by the black pad and how easily it was to remove. Never had this joy when applying by hand.. Hmmmm ?

and earlier on in the year, i topped z2 pro with souveran and it muted the finish, but yesterday topping it Natty`s brought out greater "wetness" to the finish..

I think i`ve stumbled on a winning combo here without the dreaded mixing and shaking of zfx.. :nixweiss

SpoiledMan
11-07-2005, 08:05 AM
You did a Z8 spray after wiping off the Optimum?? But why? How long did you wait to apply the Natty`s after the Z2?

s2skimon
11-07-2005, 08:16 AM
no.. i did optimum polish, then wiped away with alcohol and water as i wanted to ensure no more spiderweb swirls..

then spray and wipe with z8..

then applied the z2 pro

natty`s went on right after.. and it sat for about 1 minute before wiping it off..

why ? i wanted to try applying z2 pro without zfx

SpoiledMan
11-07-2005, 09:13 AM
Well it`s likely you wasted an application of Z2 as it takes 24 hours to cure without ZFX. I ask why you wiped the car down with Z8 before applying the Z2?

s2skimon
11-07-2005, 10:12 AM
i don`t care if z2 is wasted. I have access to Oooodles and Ooodles of it..

why i did z8 before, ? just experimenting with the surface

i don`t buy the argument of 24 hour cure.. but nonetheless, it is no problem, as the Natty`s will help pack it down to the surface..

it may not be optimal, but i`m sure most won`t be able to tell one mixed with zfx and one that is not

maybe over long term test, but not in the acute

White95Max
11-07-2005, 12:34 PM
Exactly. He was just experimenting with the products and process. Nothing wrong with that. That`s how we learn things.

I`d like to know how the durability is affected, if at all, without the use of ZFX.

imported_COBRyan
11-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Well it`s likely you wasted an application of Z2 as it takes 24 hours to cure without ZFX. I ask why you wiped the car down with Z8 before applying the Z2?

I don`t agree with this. Though I am not a fan of Zaino, I have used it without Z1 or ZFX several times and it made no difference. I can`t comment on durability because I never go longer than 3 months on any car. I used AIO as the base and it worked fine. I truly feel that ZFX is just another means of bringing in more money for Sal, but that is just my opinion. AIO does a much better job at prepping the paint and removing oils so I will stick with what has been proven with me. I always let the Zaino dry on the paint for at least an hour anyway. I do that with any sealant actually (sometimes I let them dry overnight).

White95Max
11-07-2005, 01:00 PM
I truly feel that ZFX is just another means of bringing in more money for Sal, but that is just my opinion.

That`s how I`ve always felt too. The only Zaino product I`ve used it Z6, so I`m not experienced with the Zaino system by any means.

SpoiledMan
11-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Guys, my issue was not with the application of Z2 but the Natty`s over it right after application.

imported_COBRyan
11-07-2005, 01:31 PM
Guys, my issue was not with the application of Z2 but the Natty`s over it right after application.

Ahh ok, sorry for the misinterpretation.

JeffM
11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Without the Z1 or ZFX how was the slickness in 2 weeks?

wannafbody
11-07-2005, 02:35 PM
you could also try the Duragloss 601 PBA instead of ZFX

DM101
11-07-2005, 04:20 PM
I agree with spoiled man. should wait 24 hrs before applying a wax over a sealant...I have learned the hard way.

imported_memnuts
11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Interesting experiment but the final result you are analysizing is just Natty over a well prepped surface. The application of Natty`s over a poorly/incorrectly applied Z2-PRO (no ZFX or Z1) just removed the uncured and unbonded Z2-PRO during the wax topper application. Zaino polishes (sealants) require a foundation established by either Z1 or ZFX for proper adhersion (bonding) to the finish. Initial appearance can be quite similiar using Z polishes with your experimental foundation but at a cost and reduction of the Zaino polishes to no more than a wax or appearance enhancer (glaze).

Zaino`s claim to fame is not only its wonderful appearance enhancements and protection when used properly but also the longevity of this appearance wash after wash, drive after drive, rain after rain, etc, etc....

I would quess that if you had a "control" panel with the exact same prep topped with Natty`s alone for you experiment that there would be no difference in appearance or most importantly durability between the two.

I do concur with the Optimum polish usage and alcohol wipe down followed by Z-PC as a wonderful prep regimen. Great combo for light marring removal and foundation for Z polishes using either Z1 or ZFX. :xyxthumbs

imported_COBRyan
11-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Interesting experiment but the final result you are analysizing is just Natty over a well prepped surface. The application of Natty`s over a poorly/incorrectly applied Z2-PRO (no ZFX or Z1) just removed the uncured and unbonded Z2-PRO during the wax topper application. Zaino polishes (sealants) require a foundation established by either Z1 or ZFX for proper adhersionto the finish. Appearance can be quite similiar using Z polishes with this foundation but at a cost and reduction of the Zaino polishes to no more than a wax or appearance enhancer (glaze). Zaino`s claim to fame is not only its wonderful appearance when used properly but also the longevity of this appearance wash after wash, drive after drive, rain after rain, etc, etc....

I would quess that if you had a "control" panel with the exact same prep topped with Natty`s alone for you experiment that there would be no difference in appearance or most importantly durabilitybetween the two.

I agree with the Optimum polish usage and alcohol wipe down followed by Z-PC. Great combo for light marring removal. :xyxthumbs

I used Zaino on a Cobra without Z1 or ZFX (just AIO) and durability was fine even at 3 months. Bugs and dirt would still glide off the paint with a normal wash. This was untopped though.

I guess if someone wanted the full durability lifespan of Zaino it might be a good idea to use the Z1/ZFX, but if I ever use Z2 in the future, I won`t waste my money on it. I may try Zaino on a car this winter and see how it does for 5-6 months without the Z1/ZFX.