PDA

View Full Version : Products for new Honda Pilot...

im_wicked247
11-06-2005, 02:03 PM
After I hooked up my Black Acura my sister said I MUST detail her new gold Honda Pilot. I`m new to this detailing world so I would appreciate some feedback on what products to use on a new gold paint job.

Honda will be garaged most of the time.

Heres what I plan on doing unless u g`s got a better combo...

Wash (megs GC)

Light Clay (sonus green)

Menzerna FPII (white pad)

Clearkoat RMGx2 (black pad)

Natty`s Blue (by hand)

imported_hadboosttroy
11-06-2005, 02:06 PM
have fun with the roof/roof rack bars :) your combo sounds good, what else do you have just for fun though? any z2pro? p21s?

im_wicked247
11-06-2005, 02:41 PM
have fun with the roof/roof rack bars :) your combo sounds good, what else do you have just for fun though? any z2pro? p21s?

LSP`s.....P21S wax, Menzerna FMJ, Poorboy`s EX-P also after reading so many good things about AIO I had to place an order and its on its way to daddy.

I was ready to order Pinnacle Souveran but the price is holding me back. Maybe with the money my sister is going to give me I`ll THINK about ordering the Souveran.

ohh yeah....

Cant forget the QD.

Clearkoat Quik Shine of course!!!!!

USC TROJANS!!!! BACK TO BACK TO BACK!!!!

Scottwax
11-06-2005, 09:38 PM
Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime (although I used AIO on this detail) and Acrylic Jett would work well too.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1052004_Honda_Pilot_AIO_AJ_frontend2.jpg

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1052004_Honda_Pilot_AIO_AJ_side1.jpg

im_wicked247
11-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Like I said Scottwax....you have "MAD SKILLZ!!!!". Thank you for posting the pics, I`ll be showing them to my sister so that she can see what her new born will be looking like after the detail. By the way how much do you think I should charge her? Keep in my she`s my sis...

im_wicked247
11-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Is the Jeff`s Werkstatt Prime just like AIO? I just placed an order for AIO so if Jeff`s Prime is similar there will be no need to buy it.

Scottwax
11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Like I said Scottwax....you have "MAD SKILLZ!!!!". Thank you for posting the pics, I`ll be showing them to my sister so that she can see what her new born will be looking like after the detail. By the way how much do you think I should charge her? Keep in my she`s my sis...

How did you get along with her growing up? If she didn`t hook you up with her cute friends, charge her more. ;)

I really have no idea what you should charge, you know your sister better than I do. :nixweiss

To answer your Prime question, yes it is very similar to AIO.

im_wicked247
11-06-2005, 11:59 PM
hahahaha....thats funny Scott...

I hooked up with most of her VERY CUTE friends behind her back so I guess I`m gonna have to pay her!!!!

imported_Neothin
11-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Would RMGx2 be a waste? The only reason I can see going over the car twice with RMG is for even coverage, but if your careful you can ensure this with one coat.

Scottwax
11-07-2005, 08:20 PM
Would RMGx2 be a waste? The only reason I can see going over the car twice with RMG is for even coverage, but if your careful you can ensure this with one coat.

I`ve always been very happy with a single application.