PDA

View Full Version : OCW: When to Use?

E55
11-04-2005, 08:48 PM
After reading so many positive comments about OCW, I ordered some & it arrive today. I went back & reread some of the OCW threads & now I`m confused about when I would use OCW.

In some of the posts, it seems that OCW is a sealant (like NXT Tech Wax or UPP, I believe) & I would only be using it every few months.

In other posts, however, it appears that people are using it as a booster wax (like NXT Spray Wax), applying it on top of whatever is already there, after washing a car.

So, which is it? :think: Or, can it be used either way (not sure that makes sense)?

--

Hook

Scottwax
11-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Either way is fine but OCW is a true stand alone LSP.

Richt
11-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Like Scott said. For best results durability wise it should be used before wax as a true sealant.

For me though its being used after washes to boost whatever is on the car.

MorBid
11-05-2005, 01:31 AM
I always get confused when people call OCW a "Sealant".

In my conversations with Dave over at Optimum (whom I originally heard about this product from) he classifies it as a "wax". But it does have Sealant ploymers in it so I guess it`s ne1`s call.

I was wondering though. If it is a sealant and can remove the residue from OCP/OCC (which it does) wouldn`t it remove any other wax if used as a in-between applications of a paste wax?

mr_bertone
11-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Hallo

A stupid question maybe but was is OCW? What is the real name of the product and where can I buy it on the internet?

Best regards

Thord, Stockholm, Sweden

MorBid
11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
Hallo

A stupid question maybe but was is OCW? What is the real name of the product and where can I buy it on the internet?

Best regards

Thord, Stockholm, Sweden

Not a stupid question. OCW= Optimum Car Wax. OCP = Optimum Car Polisj. OCC = Optimum Car Compound.

visit Optimum Car Care (http://www.OptimumCarCare.com) for additional information and purchasing.

Top Of the Line (http://www.Topoftheline.com) sells it as well but you`ll more than likely find it all over the net.

HTH

Morbid

docker
11-09-2005, 08:13 PM
How well does OCW or Nattys do over KSG? I just applied a ton of coats of KSG on one of my vehicles and would like to apply one of these, preferably OCW.

:nixweiss

MARCOSTAN
11-10-2005, 09:45 PM
docker,

I hv bad experenice with OCW over KSG. Same as you I hv ton of coats of KSG on my ride.

I try out OCW over KSG few weeks ago, three days after applied, the surface become rough

(some kind of feeling that not claying for long time.).

I try clayed it, AIO again (no SG this time) but still the same after 3 days.

I use OCW to clay, now after 5 days still slick & smooth, I think there`s some compartible

problem between Klass & OCW (IMHO).

docker, if you already got your OCW please try it yourself and give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Marcos

Singapore

docker
11-11-2005, 05:20 AM
docker,

I hv bad experenice with OCW over KSG. Same as you I hv ton of coats of KSG on my ride.

I try out OCW over KSG few weeks ago, three days after applied, the surface become rough

(some kind of feeling that not claying for long time.).

I try clayed it, AIO again (no SG this time) but still the same after 3 days.

I use OCW to clay, now after 5 days still slick & smooth, I think there`s some compartible

problem between Klass & OCW (IMHO).

docker, if you already got your OCW please try it yourself and give me some feedback.

Thanks,

Marcos

Singapore

Marcos - Thanks for your feedback. I am hoping to get more people to give me their experiences and/or opinions.

I will try and post results.

DM101
11-11-2005, 05:46 AM
KSG is a Acrylic sealant. OCW is a wax. But there should be no problems with the OCW as a topper as long as you have let the KSG cure long enough. I wish you luck. I from the old school and perfer carnuba waxes for the look, cause I wax every three weeks.

docker
11-11-2005, 06:24 AM
KSG is a Acrylic sealant. OCW is a wax. But there should be no problems with the OCW as a topper as long as you have let the KSG cure long enough. I wish you luck. I from the old school and perfer carnuba waxes for the look, cause I wax every three weeks.

Thanks... I`m hoping to save a ton of time just spaying instead of waxing and buffing (which I really enjoy, just wanting to find an easier and quicker solution for the winter months :-) )

Anthony O.
11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
OCW is called a "wax" because that is such a general or generic name to describe a protective coating. So while OCW is a wax it is also a sealant.

When it`s applied the sealant properties set up first and then the wax sets up over the sealant. OCW is designed to be a true stand alone protectant instead of a "booster" so it may not interact well with some other waxes and/or sealants. I have my best experience if I "top" OCW with a carnauba wax instead of using OCW as a "topper".

Streaking issues can develop if you use too much product. On a Porsche front deck lid alls I usually need is 1 squirt to cover the entire thing. 3 squirts would be overkill not to mention a waste of product and may lead to smearing. Make sure the OCW is shaken well before and during use also.

Anthony