PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere in Atl that I can pickup a yellow pad for a PC?

gmblack3
11-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Darn orange pad (http://www.properautocare.com/coprorpopa.html) is not going to cut the water spots on the wifes BMW.

Is there anywhere local to get a yellow pad for my new PC?

I should of just ordered the darn thing when I got all this other stuff.

Going out of town for the w/e, but will be back monday am...

TIA

I`ll give APC a try down near the airport, but can`t remember if they had them or not.

mav63
11-04-2005, 09:31 PM
You can try Body Supplies Inc

3024 Lakewood Av, Atlanta, GA 30344

ph 404-767-4665.

I have bought Meguiar pads there for my PC. You might want to call first because they usually only have the 8in pad.

MorBid
11-04-2005, 10:27 PM
If you can`t get a Yellow pad try the Meg`s Burgandy one.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-04-2005, 11:59 PM
If you get the Burgandy one, your going to need the yellow also.....The Burgundy is a cutting pad, and it does cut......

gmblack3
11-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks everyone!

Will the Meguiars pad work with the adapter that I got with the PC?

I might want the burgandy one to do my hood. This is what the roof looked like before forever with a 3m foam compounding pad and some 3M Perfect-Itâ„¢ II Rubbing Compound

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64204

Thanks again!

MorBid
11-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Meg`s Burgandy pad will run on any 6" Velco Backing plate. Not sure what adapter you would need?

Unless you have an adapter to change the thread size on the machine from 5/16" (normal for a D/A or PC) to 5/8" (normal for a Rotary).

But that`s to adapt the backing plate to the machine, nothing to do with the pad. Meg`s also has a "yellow" pad made for a D/A which has a backing plate built into it already. You just attach it to your PC and away you go.

gmblack3
11-10-2005, 09:57 AM
Meg`s Burgandy pad will run on any 6" Velco Backing plate. Not sure what adapter you would need?

Unless you have an adapter to change the thread size on the machine from 5/16" (normal for a D/A or PC) to 5/8" (normal for a Rotary).

But that`s to adapt the backing plate to the machine, nothing to do with the pad. Meg`s also has a "yellow" pad made for a D/A which has a backing plate built into it already. You just attach it to your PC and away you go.

Sorry, I ment the backing plate that came with my PC. Sounds like it will work just fine.

Thanks! :up

GTScott
11-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Glad to see you are over here too!

Anytime you need a pad, drop me a line and I will mail them out. If it is an emergency, let me know and I can bring them in to the office in Atlanta. It is not *that* bad of a drive up here.

Also, let me know if you do find a good local source though. I have ordered all of mine online and over ordered so that I have some to share.

-GT

gmblack3
11-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Glad to see you are over here too!

Anytime you need a pad, drop me a line and I will mail them out. If it is an emergency, let me know and I can bring them in to the office in Atlanta. It is not *that* bad of a drive up here.

Also, let me know if you do find a good local source though. I have ordered all of mine online and over ordered so that I have some to share.

-GT

Thanks GT! I have decided to wait for the one you sent me. Hoping it will get the job done on the hood tomorrow.