PDA

View Full Version : collinite as mood enhancer

marko
11-04-2005, 07:39 AM
ok so I’ve been working through my winter detail over the last week or so. thought I’d give my daily driver a thorough buffing, remove all the swirls, do a little paint correction, experiment with a couple of waxes I’ve been wanting to try, and then see if I can maintain my finish a little better over the winter with a slightly more tedious wash regimen and my most recent mf investment. y’all know the drill.

and I’ve been working from home lately, so no big thing to leave the car partially disassembled and taped and covered while I’m taking my sweet time. couple of days ago I decided to just finish it up when I made a mistake on a problem panel, so I corrected it, reassembled the car, pulled all the tape, cleaned and treated all the trim with pb tr, and decided I’d leave it uncovered outside overnight for the first time since I started. I’d just applied 476s x 2, so I feel safe. only parts left untreated were the mirrors and wing, which I intended to buff and wax the following afternoon.

so yesterday I’m working from home and the lawn guys show up to collect leaves with leaf blowers and huge riding mowers. lots of noise and activity and it’s a beautiful day and I’m working inside with all the windows shut. just an annoyance and I’m calm. by late afternoon the guys with the leaf blowers are finally finishing up and the incessant noise is stopping. I step outside and notice they managed to blow leaves all over my patio and rearrange my patio furniture. I’m slightly irritated that I’m wasting time cleaning it all up and then look over at the detailing project. the car`s entirely covered with debris. completely covered. now I’m upset and talking to myself.

I’m collecting all the gear to wash it and buff my mirrors and wing, and just then the sun sets behind the mountains. I can’t see to buff and the day`s wasted as far as that`s concerned and I`ve lost the battle altogether. I’m angry. I need a beer. so I’m thinking I`ll just put everything away and go rinse off my car and think about it all again tomorrow.

I was still seething and went out to rinse my car with a running dialogue and hose in hand. well, I rinsed off the car. kinda hard to be mad now. I`ve never actually seen water do what it does with this wax on my car. water beads and flies off so quickly that the entire car never gets wet. I like to let an open hose pour over the car to sheet water and leave less for drying; well that doesn`t really work now cause there`s never enough water remaining on the car all at once to sheet over the sides. it just sort of bounces off, and the hawaiian tropic trim conditioner beads and sheds water almost as quickly as the wax. couldn`t help but laugh out loud.

so today I plan to finish the car and top it with 845iw x 2. it’s overkill but I don’t care. I may even have to rinse it again when I’m finished just for the entertainment value. this stuff is great. I should have tried this years ago.

I mean let’s face it, valium wears off. collinite doesn’t.

Setec Astronomy
11-04-2005, 07:43 AM
I mean let’s face it, valium wears off. collinite doesn’t.

:har: :lol

Accumulator
11-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Marko- heh heh, I got a kick out of reading that :D

marko
11-04-2005, 09:07 AM
it`s a bit of a `long story made even longer` v. `long story short` kind of a thing, but I figured you guys could appreciate a little overture into detailing mood swings.