PDA

View Full Version : Cyclo for Christmas?

JeffM
11-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Every year i have no idea what to tell the wife to get me for christmas. I dont need much, dont want much, nothing that would be financially feasable anyways haha.

I guess i dont need the cyclo either, but i want to tinker with this hobby.

I am also considering a rotary. I would like to take my skill level up another notch, for just my own OCD`s sake. I like the idea of handling a tool that needs respect, i am pretty good with power tools, well the ones i have anyways.

Get both, ya, well, that would be compulsive, i dont like compulsive spending, even for OCD :)

So, either:

Cyclo

Rotary

Neither, keep using the pc, your vehicles look good enough :LOLOL

Accumulator
11-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Well, much as I love the Cyclo, if you don`t mind the PC I think I`d go for the rotary. It`ll do stuff that nothing else can do whereas the Cyclo is more of an improved version of the PC. But if you have a car that you`re not gonna polish aggressively anyhow (thin paint, other fragility issues) then go with the Cyclo. Ditto if you just don`t like using the PC.

JeffM
11-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I have been thinking and ya, the rotary is really what i want to learn to use.

Corey Bit Spank
11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Then get the Rotary. The Cylco doesn`t so much "bridge the gap" as it replaces the PC. I`m not certain if it does a better job, but it does a quicker job. The "work smarter, not harder" motto seems to apply.

I`m 100% happy with my cyclo, but I wouldn`t have a huge need for one if I still had a PC. Anyway, I could see the benefit to using the cyclo if I did many cars a week. The brush attatchments are very useful (infact I`ve used it more as a shampooer than a polisher).

BigAl3
11-05-2005, 04:46 PM
i say get the rotary, as you will eventually want/need it at one time or another. my b-day is coming up, along with x-mas and that`s what i am going to get next. there`s a nice shiny makita 9227c with my name on it! :lol