PDA

View Full Version : Final answer-Does DING KING really work?

GlossyTundra
11-03-2005, 01:07 PM
I have about 4 small dents(dings) in my tundra that just has gotten there from parking at school(even though i park on the other side of the planet). I want to get them removed, but dont want to pay $200 to remove them by proffessional. Plus where the dents are cant be accessed by the rear making it hard for a proffessional to get to them.

Please help :(

Brandon

Bill D
11-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Every report I saw indicates that it can improve large dings or dents---as if someone kicked a door or hood, but not the dings we encounter most often, those from parking lots :mad: Of course, there`s always a lucky trial and it may be worth getting one and giving it a shot.

An expensive professional paintless dent repair device,the kind the Ding King only somewhat successfully tried to commercialize, is really needed for those.

chaosboi916
11-03-2005, 02:08 PM
haha..i was cleaning out my garage yesteday..n i found my set of ding king...yea it fairly works on the larger dents...but u will still have mini dents...looks like dimples..it also takes awhile too...as u can only do a small area at a single time

Ron Harris
11-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Save your money and hire a pro PDR guy.

imported_truzoom
11-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Save your money and hire a pro PDR guy.

Right on. PDR guys have tools that most of us guys couldn`t even figure out how to use. Shop around, ask body shop owners, friends, whatever because you can probably get a good deal on getting the dents out.

imported_howareb
11-03-2005, 11:17 PM
Yes and no.

Everybody already hit the right point.

On medium to large dents it works better than on small dents, which are probaly the ones that most of us experience.

Here is my review and how it worked on my car.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63224

I will have to take it to a pro after the winter to get it done.

sharingan625
11-04-2005, 12:26 PM
same here.

used it a few month ago, and it doesn`t work for little dings. (like the ones you get from other car`s doors)