PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question!!???(Help)

z71gmcsierra
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I have been reading posts on this site for a little over a year but this is my first post! I have a 03 Gmc Sierra, Pewter (color). I detailed it today, but for some reason the paint looks flatter than it did before. I first washed it Sonus. Then I used my PC on 4 with SSR 2.5. And the flake came out amazing!. I then put a coat of EX-P on it. Along with Nattys Blue Paste Wax. And the paint looks flatter now than it did before??? Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!!

ZaneO
11-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Maybe the Natty`s is muting the metallic? Not sure haven`t used it.

How did it look after EX-P?

White95Max
11-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Sometimes Nattys (both versions) will streak a little, and it will almost be a slight haze on the paint. Maybe try washing the car and see if that helps.

z71gmcsierra
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
The EX-P did make it dull a bit. But, after the Nattys it dulled it even worse. Is there anything I can put on top of it that would bring it? Maybe a QD? Or a different type of a wax? Suggestions???? PLEASE

White95Max
11-03-2005, 06:13 AM
If it is from streaking, you can QD it or just wash it.

Sealants and waxes should NOT make it dull, so that`s the only thing I can think of. Unless you applied them with something abrasive and hazed up the paint during application.