PDA

View Full Version : Rain X and Aquapel DON`T MIX..bad combo

imported_Totoland Mach
11-02-2005, 03:00 PM
I had a vehicle that I detailed today which had a coating of Aquapel applied last month. I thought I`d "freshen up" the windshield with a coat of Rain X. Let the Rain X haze and went to remove.....RUH-ROH....white film covered the windshield (except where the wiper area is)...I mean...nasty white film.

Now to method of removal. Soaked a paper towel in Rain X, applied again to the windshield, and quickly buffed out with a microfiber. This painful process took the better part of an hour.

Word to the fellow Autopians: Don`t ever try to apply Rain X on top of glass treated with Aquapel!

Totoland Mach

Arved
02-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Sorry to dig up this old thread, but it seems the most appropriate to my question...

How about Rain-X windshield washer fluid? I`m especially fond of Rain-X bug remover windshield washer fluid.

Here in Florida, we have a lot of sand from the roads kicked up by cars ahead of us in the rain. Using your wipers on that slurry without the benefit of a washer fluid to provide lubricant is a recipe for scratched windshields. Every time I start my wiper, I use a squirt of windshield washer fluid.

Florida is also home to a lot of insects. Some so big they should file flight plans. Bug Remover windsield washer fluid is a godsend, and Rain-X brand is the best of the bug washes I`ve found (compared to generic, and Prestone brand).

I`ve heard so much about Aquapel, I want to give it a try myself, but I`m now concerned with how Rain-X windshield washer fluids will interact.

Anyone with experience in this?

Thanks,

imported_Totoland Mach
02-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Arved: I don`t think the RainX washer fluid has enough chemicals to alter the Aquapel after the application.

The problem arose when I applied the Rain X to the windshield and let it haze. The haze was almost impossible to remove until I tried the method above. Scary to say the least!

Totoland Mach

Arved
02-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Thanks.

If I`d read this message before I`d bought Aquapel, I`d have passed. But now that you`ve cleared up that point, I`ll move forward with my evaluation of Aquapel. Of course, if I have problems with Aquapel as a result of the use of Rain-X washer fluid, I`ll update this thread.

Thanks again,