PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with PC

imported_AcuraCl1
11-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I need some help. I have never used a buffer. I have been detailing on the side for a couple of years. I just purchased a Porter Cable 7336. I am going to be sellign my car and I need to buff it tomorrow. I went to a shop that sells detailing products and picked up the following products:

Malco Rapid Cut Super Cleaner and Leveling Compound (contains no wax or silicone, produces lusterious high gloss shine, aggressive compound, designed to remove 1000 grit sand scratches and heavy to med finish and imperfection from new and cured paint).

SM Arnold Yellow buffing pad (For the rapid Cut)

SM Arnold Grey/Black polishing pad (For polishing/wax)

Some kind of counterweight.

Here is a list of products that I currently own before I bought the products above:

Wolfgang PreWax Polish Enhancer

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealent

Wolfgang Instant Sealant Spritz

Wolfgang Vinyl and Rubber Cleaner

Klasse All In One Polish

Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Pinnacle Cystal Mist Spray Wax

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

S100 Wax

Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit

Stoners Glass Cleaner

Malco Leather Conditioner

Malco Mastershine for the tires

Microfiber towels

I have a 2002 Taffeta White Acura CL Type S. I would like to make her shine reallly good like a show car. What do you all recommend I do for tomorrow with the products I have. There is no wax on the car right now. And since this will be my first time using a buffer, what speeds do you all recommend I used and how long do I use it for in one place. The condition of the paint is not real bad, as the hood has a new paint job about 2 to 3 months ago. There are some scratches on the side, and some swirls all over. I also have some bad exhaust smoke stains on the back of my ground effects, I used some Malco label remover and some dawn car wash to try to get it off, but no luck. Any ideas. And if there are any products that you all recommend that I need, please let me know, as I live close to Auto zone, and pepboys.

Thanks for any help.

Mikeyc
11-02-2005, 12:47 PM
I would buy some clay and return the Malco compound. I`m not familiar with the product, but the fact that it`s labeled "compound" indicates that it`s likely too aggressive for a car in pretty good shape. See if you can get your hands on some kind of machine polish that`s got abrasives in it.