PDA

View Full Version : Got me a full, free bottle of Zaino Z8

Pages : [1] 2

Scottwax
11-01-2005, 09:39 PM
I detailed a black 911 today and the owner has decided that while he likes Zaino on his silver Cayenne, he is less pleased with it on his black 911. He also said he has had a streaking problem with Z8 so he handed me a full (still in the bag bottle) bottle and said I could have it if I wanted.

I got a small sample from ZaneO and was pretty impressed with it so now I have a whole lot more to play with now. I think it will be a real nice booster for the cars I use Acrylic Jett on. :)

Any other suggestions?

Oh yeah, teaser pic my customer sent me:

Optimum Polish and Vanilla Moose via Meguiars polishing pad, Red Machine Glaze with a blue Propel finishing pad, Pinnacle Souveran by hand.

http://www.photohost.org/gallery/data/500/1052002_Porsche_Carrera_customerpic1.jpg

PakShak
11-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Wow, that looks great! Good work Scott. I couldn`t have done it any better myself. :D

The black looks deep and wet. Just perfect. That is what a dark colored vehicle should look like.

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

*Claim - I am a vendor*

sQuashed
11-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Insanely good !!! What a vehicle.

chevyguy28
11-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Beautiful.

I have been using Z8 exclusively on my Zaino`d car, but I`d be interested in seeing how it works on other surfaces, such as one with Acrylic Jett. Let us know.

- J

gmblack3
11-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Nice pickup and the P-car looks great!!!

Anybody ever do a side-by-side of Z8 and Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield. I use the Menzerna with zaino Z2pro and like it alot.

chevyguy28
11-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Nice pickup and the P-car looks great!!!

Anybody ever do a side-by-side of Z8 and Menzerna High Gloss Acrylic Shield. I use the Menzerna with zaino Z2pro and like it alot.

Never a side by side, but I use them both a lot.

- J

opass
11-02-2005, 03:42 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Picture speak a thousand words. Good Job.

BTW did you do any interior work?

How long does it take to complete the exterior?

RRacer
11-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Just amazing wetness :clap:

JeffM
11-02-2005, 05:27 AM
Try the Z8 on a windshield. It will last 8 weeks no problem. No chatter for me either.

gmblack3
11-02-2005, 06:18 AM
Never a side by side, but I use them both a lot.

- J

Your thoughts on both products please.

wannafbody
11-02-2005, 07:04 AM
liquid black-good job

TGates
11-02-2005, 08:30 AM
That looks amazing. RMG topped with Souveran... hard to beat on black and red.

In my experience with Z8, a very light pull on the trigger will get you just a few drops of Z8 on a panel and that is really all you need. It`s great for a quick boost in protection against bugs and grime before a road trip, and it just looks amazing. I am always floored after a Z8 application. I will say that I have personally not had good luck with it over anything BUT Z2Pro, as I will usually get some streaking, and in some cases almost a hazing effect, but maybe you will find something that works.

chevyguy28
11-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Your thoughts on both products please.

Z8 is very easy to use, like Z6. Doesn`t really smear or streak for me, and wipes off quickly. IMO, this is the real key to the slickness in the Zaino system. Z2Pro is pretty good on its own, but this product takes it up a notch and gets it closer to FMJ by itself. However, my experience is that it needs a cure time. It really hardens up after a day or so. Looks wise, it adds a bit of depth and wetness. I call it the carnauba topper for Zaino. I`d rather add this than top with carnauba. Not a dramatic change, but noticeable. Durability wise, it doesn`t seem to last longer than a wash for me. The car I use it on is washed every 3 weeks or so, so it`s no surprise. The surface doesn`t feel good without it.

AS is similar to Z8 in that it`s more than just a QD. Not sure if it has as much protective quality, but it gives the surface a fresh FMJ feeling. Very slick and hard. Looks wise, I haven`t really evaluated it or noticed much of a difference over FMJ. The main problem with this product is that I have experienced streaking, as if I could not buff it all out, ala Klasse SG. However, sometimes I do not experience this. It probably depends on how quickly you wipe it off. Otherwise it`s easy to use and requires slightly more work in time than a normal QD.

So both complement their respective systems very well (Z2Pro or FMJ). It would be hard to choose one at this time, as I haven`t used Z8 or AS on other surfaces to see what happens. If Z8 does well on other surfaces, I`d probably pick it, as there is less chance of it streaking on black paint or on glass. However, I think AS rewards you immediately with its slickness. Bit of a shame that it`s not more consistant for me.

- J

cgc2
11-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Nice job as is expected from you Scott.

Beautiful deep wet and reflective. Im doing a new black Acura TL that the owner wants clayed, polished (water spots) and sealed.

Lets see if I can come close to this Porche and its finish.

gmblack3
11-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Z8 is very easy to use, like Z6. Doesn`t really smear or streak for me, and wipes off quickly. IMO, this is the real key to the slickness in the Zaino system. Z2Pro is pretty good on its own, but this product takes it up a notch and gets it closer to FMJ by itself. However, my experience is that it needs a cure time. It really hardens up after a day or so. Looks wise, it adds a bit of depth and wetness. I call it the carnauba topper for Zaino. I`d rather add this than top with carnauba. Not a dramatic change, but noticeable. Durability wise, it doesn`t seem to last longer than a wash for me. The car I use it on is washed every 3 weeks or so, so it`s no surprise. The surface doesn`t feel good without it.

AS is similar to Z8 in that it`s more than just a QD. Not sure if it has as much protective quality, but it gives the surface a fresh FMJ feeling. Very slick and hard. Looks wise, I haven`t really evaluated it or noticed much of a difference over FMJ. The main problem with this product is that I have experienced streaking, as if I could not buff it all out, ala Klasse SG. However, sometimes I do not experience this. It probably depends on how quickly you wipe it off. Otherwise it`s easy to use and requires slightly more work in time than a normal QD.

So both complement their respective systems very well (Z2Pro or FMJ). It would be hard to choose one at this time, as I haven`t used Z8 or AS on other surfaces to see what happens. If Z8 does well on other surfaces, I`d probably pick it, as there is less chance of it streaking on black paint or on glass. However, I think AS rewards you immediately with its slickness. Bit of a shame that it`s not more consistant for me.

- J

Thanks for your thoughts!! :)