PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for just interior

ScoobyDrew06
11-01-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey guys, i`m not a pro, but i thought you guys would have a good answer for me. My boss wants me to detail only the interior of his benz. I have not seen it, but he says the carpets need to be cleaned, and everything else is supposedly clean, i know it only has 5k miles on it. even though he has had it for 4 years. So what would you charge to vacuum/deep clean carpets/protect seats and trim?

WaXwOrKs
11-01-2005, 08:00 AM
I charge $50 for interiors that aren`t gross, thats the going price in my neck of the woods, I`m ok with that and so are my customers. I would highly recommend starting off spot cleaning the carpets with some elbow grease if its not too dirty as oppose to an all out shampoo, I guess I should ask how bad are the carpet and mats? Do you have an extractor?

ScoobyDrew06
11-01-2005, 08:26 AM
yes i do have an extractor

HomicidalSloth
11-01-2005, 02:28 PM
At the moment, my pricing list says $70 for a full interior detail, which includes the following:

Vacuum

Shampoo, Spot-Treat & Scotch-Guard Carpets

Glass Cleaned

Interior Througly Cleaned & Protected

Rain-X Treatment on Windshield

Flexin
11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
For interiors that are not bad we charge $49.95(Cars)

Hand Wash & Dry (Exterior)

Interior

Vacuum seats, carpets, floor, floor mats and trunk

Dress dash, doors and console

Clean windows (interior/exterior)

For a dirty car we charge $114.95

Interior

Full vacuum of interior and trunk

Dash, console, doors and trim cleaned and dressed

Hot water extract carpets and floor mats

Clean door jams

Mirrors and windows cleaned

Deodorize interior

Clean and condition leather

Minor stain removal

James

doged
11-01-2005, 03:21 PM
California Price $75.00

Do a good job and keep the price up.

If someone got sick in the car price goes way-way up

TDIGuy04
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
starts at $50 and goes up depending on how dirty, can get ridiculous if I don`t wanna do the job ;)

kpagel
11-01-2005, 04:41 PM
starts at $50 and goes up depending on how dirty, can get ridiculous if I don`t wanna do the job ;)

Thats interesting, is it better for business to quote some ridiculous price for a job you don`t want to do rather than simply telling the customer its not a job you want to take on at the time? I honestly have no experience with any of this, so I`m just curious.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-01-2005, 05:58 PM
My boss wants me to detail only the interior of his benz.

So what would you charge to vacuum/deep clean carpets/protect seats and trim?

Maybe you should ask your boss how much he wants to spend on having the interior detailed. That way you will have a very good idea of how much to charge him.

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Thats interesting, is it better for business to quote some ridiculous price for a job you don`t want to do rather than simply telling the customer its not a job you want to take on at the time? I honestly have no experience with any of this, so I`m just curious.

Personally, I would simply walk away from any job that I don`t want to do. Hey, that`s one of the benefits of being in your own business. You get to choose your own customers.

imported_ajbarnes
11-01-2005, 06:12 PM
My starting price is $80 and goes up from there depending on condition and size of vehicle for an interior detail.

TDIGuy04
11-02-2005, 06:33 AM

Sometime`s, it`s easier than saying your car just made me throw up a lil :nervous:

If the car is too bad I will tell them nothing short of interior replacement will get it clean. You have to be able to read people and know what their after, some want a cheap job, some just really want their car cleaned and will pay the price to have it done. If an interior will take me 4+hours to clean then I have to estimate based on a $40 hourly rate.

for example: My father bought an MK2 VW cabriolet for a project car, the interior was wrecked. The shop he brought it to told him there was nothing they could do, he offered to pay more to have it done, they still turned him down(even said they tried their best products). When I moved down to Fl I cleaned the car for him, the job was difficult, but it wasn`t impossible like the shop he took it to said. He ordered new seats and door panels(white) I cleaned theOG seats and panels back to like new condition. Unfortunately he can`t return the new parts. The shop could have cleaned the car and my father would have paid them what they would have asked if they did what I did, even at $500 for a detail he`d have come out ahead instead of replacing everything.

You have to talk to your customers and find out what they want, if you can make some good money, and save them some in the process what`s a lil elbow grease?

imported_mirrorfinishman
11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
You have to be able to read people and know what their after, some want a cheap job, some just really want their car cleaned and will pay the price to have it done.

I think you have got it completely backwards. Owning and operating a successful detailing business should not be about what people are after and are willing to pay to have done.

Of course, you have to take care of your customers, however you also have to figure out exactly what it is that your business offers your customers. Are you in the reconditioning business or are you a top-of-the-line maintenance detailing business. It`s all about knowing what it is your business can do and cannot do for your customers.

A smart business person will know whether or not they should get involved with something that they really know they should not be doing.

doged
11-02-2005, 03:23 PM
I think you have got it completely backwards. Owning and operating a successful detailing business should not be about what people are after and are willing to pay to have done.

Of course, you have to take care of your customers, however you also have to figure out exactly what it is that your business offers your customers. Are you in the reconditioning business or are you a top-of-the-line maintenance detailing business. It`s all about knowing what it is your business can do and cannot do for your customers.

A smart business person will know whether or not they should get involved with something that they really know they should not be doing.

Clients should be taken care of on a case by case basic, because they all have different, needs, wants and desires . This is why questioning them is so important. The best way to “read people†is to ask specific questions to identify needs, wants, desires. Maybe we should start a tread stating the best questions to ask a client.

Scottwax
11-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Interiors start at $50 (two seaters) and go up from there, depending on size and condition. I add a wash option for $15 for cars and $20-30 for SUVs and large truck ($10 discount off my regular price for a straight wash).