PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of using windshield applications

Super
11-01-2005, 03:13 AM
I was driving one dark moonless rainy night on a freeway I had to pull over to the next town because I could not see because of the wiper glare from the incoming headlights, I almost hit a tree! I had to go to a gas station and buy some degreaser and wipe off the wax of what ever was on it off the windshield. Sense then I never used anything on the windshields. I think it’s just to much of a liability. Because now when I drive I demand 100% visibility all the time for safety. When its raining the wipers should have "no glare" the windshield glass should be “crisp” clean & clear when the wiper passes. RainX does leave a momentarily glare or bur from the wipers that’s ok for city driving but for a dark moonless rainy night on mountain freeway driving that is not 100% safe. Wax/sealer VM, AIO on a windshield would be even worse.

If you can’t see what’s in front of you for one second its one second less to respond to a situation in front of you while driving.

a.k.a. Patrick
11-01-2005, 06:07 AM
Excellent reminder, couldnt agree with you more.......Some folks like to put product on to reduce wiper chatter as well......Im like you though, nothing goes on the windows.....Well, occasionaly they get some quikshine, but thats about it.....

Accumulator
11-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Me too. People who like putting stuff on their windshields can do what they like, well, as long as they don`t get blinded and run into me ;) But I`ve used RainX, nice thin (proper) applications on new glass, and I didn`t like it either.

benpocock
11-01-2005, 09:39 AM
Couldn`t agree more - the only thing I use on my windscreen is Stoner IG to get it clean, but even that doesn`t get done everytime I wash. My theory is if you`re getting wiper chatter you need new wiper blades as I`ve never had this problem on any cars that I`ve owned.

Ben

GTScott
11-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I only put Stoner`s IG on my windshield. I find that when it is applied at a constant rate, it helps keep the surface slicka nd water beads right off of it thus reducing the need for anything like Rain-X.

-GT