PDA

View Full Version : 10 Good Reasons to have Your Car Professionally Detailed

Pages : [1] 2 3

brwill2005
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
I have the opportunity to write an article for a local newspaper. The editor thinks the article should be structured around "10 Good Reasons to Have Your Car Professionally Detailed". Does anyone have any suggestions? My goal is to educate the general public about detailing, and the benefits of it.

Thanks, Brad

Setec Astronomy
10-31-2005, 07:40 PM
First of all, that`s a really good idea to promote your business. So let`s give you some ideas for the 10.....maintain the resale value of your car, make your neighbors envious, increase your gas mileage...

imported_Picus
10-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Increase your gas mileage? That`s a new one to me! :D

I`d say #1 is protecting your cars paint and appearance. So that will be my contribution.

brwill2005
10-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Thanks. Some of those I thought of already. Explain the gas mileage one though. Are you reffering to the engine being clean? I will need to provide supporting evidence of the reasons I choose. Thanks for the help.

ZaneO
10-31-2005, 07:48 PM
1. Protect paint, rubber, trim, leather, etc.

2. Increase life of paint, interior, etc.

3. Maintain/increase resale value

4. Proper products and techniques

5. Remove and/or repair defects

6. Beautiful appearance

Setec Astronomy
10-31-2005, 07:56 PM
I was joking about the gas mileage...you know, clean car goes faster....chrome valve covers give you more horsepower....

imported_truzoom
10-31-2005, 08:09 PM
Well if you contrast a clean car to a mud caked 4x4 truck, then yeah theres something to compare...

1. Increases drivability. Clean windows helps you to see better.

2. Easier maintenance. Working on a filthy car is a hassle. Makes the job easier for yourself or for mechanics.

3. Clean door jambs means your clean slacks won`t get dirt smudged on them.

4. Dust is never a good thing, especially in a cramped car interior. +1 for health.

5. Better resale value

6. Once its clean, its easier to keep clean.

7. Better awareness of the car`s condition. Most detailers go over the car with the owner before doing the job.

8. Prevent possible problems down the road such as strange odors from spilled drinks etc.

Supurban
10-31-2005, 08:46 PM
1. Increases drivability. Clean windows helps you to see better.

2. Easier maintenance. Working on a filthy car is a hassle. Makes the job easier for yourself or for mechanics.

6. Once its clean, its easier to keep clean.

7. Better awareness of the car`s condition. Most detailers go over the car with the owner before doing the job.

Amen :clap:

Also a pro detail is a good way to prep for a big event - big date, car sale, home sale open house (curb appeal).

Scottwax
10-31-2005, 08:57 PM
My 10 would be:

1. Increased pride in ownership.

2. Higher resale value

3. Clean interiors smell better

4. Clean interiors keep your clothes clean

5. Clean glass makes visibility better, especially at night

6. Professional detailers have the equipment, products and expertise needed to do the best job

7. Cost are small compared to the potential lost value of an undetailed car

8. Protects your paint, rubber and plastic trim

9. Your car will simply look better than even many brand new cars

10. Clean cars tend to stay clean longer

doged
10-31-2005, 09:04 PM
Entrepreneur Magzine says, “successful people drive clean carsâ€

Makes them feel confident.

Thomas Dekany
10-31-2005, 09:49 PM
Brad - Hopefully I can give you some ideas by Wednesday. I hope!

opass
10-31-2005, 11:14 PM
:grinno: cleaner car get more attention from public.............

Better image of the owner

brwill2005
11-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks everyone. This helps a lot. Now I have to sort through all the ideas and mix them with mine.

Accumulator
11-01-2005, 08:53 AM
One more if it`s not too late- Ecological awareness. You shouldn`t be flushing car wash soap/etc. down storm drains and most people don`t have the proper sanitary drain setups.

Big Leegr
11-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Another thing previously alluded to is the clean engine - Allows you to see leaks sooner, so they can be addressed before they become something more major. Also, you`ll know that it`s a recent leak as opposed to guessing when it started leaking, or if it was just spilled fluid from the last change.