PDA

View Full Version : topping zaino and streaking

smak
10-31-2005, 07:35 AM
this past weekend i tried topping zaino with souveran on a black eclipse.

there could have been contributing factors such as temp/humidity but i found the two completly incompatible.

any amount of qd with crystal mist would not remove the streaking on the hood.

i may have applied the souveran a bit thick but i still think in the future i`ll avoid topping zaino at all as i was really impressed with its results untopped.

i have noticed some threads here before that people were really impressed with their results topping zaino, was this on black vehicles? have you encountered any similar streaking? how did you overcome this?

s2skimon
10-31-2005, 07:58 AM
on z2 pro i never top with any carnuba, only the z8 qd.. i`ve found that souveran muted the "pop"

streaking could be a little dirt or grime in your applicator maybe ?

ZaneO
10-31-2005, 08:27 AM
I have tried that combo without any streaking issues, but I`ve never noticed an appreciable difference by topping Zaino.

smak
10-31-2005, 08:39 AM
there may have been some dust/dirt but it was qd`d away or i`d say 95% of it anyways.

then i applied souveran, and re-qd`d.. and then qd`d again to try and remove the streaking, only to create streaking in newer areas.

this was in about 15 degree celcius weather, and a slight wind.

i found best results were attained if i would spply crystal mist to a 1 foot x 1 foot area, then wiped with my mf towel (dftowel) in a back and forth motion repeatedly until the qd completly evaporated. but even this left slight streaks, and the towel stayed completly clean throughout the process.

Glossmaster
10-31-2005, 08:45 AM
I`ve only topped Z2 Pro once with Souveran & didn`t have any problems. Souveran did mute the "pop" a bit, but it added depth & wetness to my black paint. It looked teriffic.

robs_silver_s2k
10-31-2005, 02:35 PM
I top Zaino with P21S all the time and sometimes layer P21S for a better result. P21S seems to cut down on the dust that Zaino can attract. However it does mute the colour/pop a little as it is not as optically clear as Zaino. P21s does seem to add depth though

smak
10-31-2005, 04:17 PM
what colour car?

JeffM
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Zaino doesnt attract dust.

zeta3ce
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Ive been getting some streaking when using z6 or z8. Has anyone else had this problem?

TortoiseAWD
11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Ive been getting some streaking when using z6 or z8. Has anyone else had this problem?Both are extremely concentrated. If you haven`t already, try to find a sprayer that will give you a finer mist and more control that the one that ships on the Zaino bottles. I use a couple of small "pump" misters (button on top instead of a trigger) that give off a nice spray, and not too much with each pump.

I know some people dilute Z6 with water to make it a bit easier to use (I think I even read that as a tip somewhere on the Zaino website). I don`t know if the same can be done with Z8, but I would guess so.

HTH,

Tort