PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound vs. Poorboy`s SSR2.5 via PC

JaCkaL829
10-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Hello:

I`m curious for you guys who have experience with both Poorboy`s SSR2.5 and Optimum Compound via PC. I currently have a lot of SSR2.5 and initally was very happy with it, but it seems like my past couple of details its been dusting up way to much. It doubles my work because I then have to clean up all the dust from the car. I bought Optimum Polish because I though it was on par with SSR2.5 with cut, but it doesn`t cut as much as i`d like. I was really impressed with the almost complete lack of dust, and that itself made it worth it for me. My question now is does Optimum Compound have the same characterstics as Polish in that it doesn`t dust up badly? Also for people who used both; which would you prefer OCC or SSR2.5??? I`m unsure if I want to buy some OCC or not, I hate to buy stuff that I already have, but the dusting from SSR2.5 is killing me and it seems OCP lacks cut and takes forever via PC, so i`m thinking OCC should fill the gap.

Any suggestions or comments are always appreciated.

TIA :bigups

imported_Picus
10-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Hmmm, at first I saw this thread and thought "uhoh" :geez

...but I am going to reply anyway. I switched from SSR2.5 to OC/OCP a couple months ago and have no desire to go back. I find OC is slightly more aggressive on a cutting pad, has a longer working time (but not as long as OCP), never dusts, and is less likely to leave hazing. On a polishing pad it will remove up to moderate marring and polishes down to an lsp ready finish. I still like SSR3 for the really heavy work even though it dusts worse than 2.5, but otherwise I`ve switched to OC/OCP for 80% of the polishing I do.

Richt
10-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Great thread, I thought the same was going to be true of Optimum Polish when I brought it, but am still using SSR 2.5 or more recentlt DP Super Swirl Elimantor, as Opt Polish is not cutting it for me either.

I think I read they are doing/developing a version of Opt Compound tuned for the PC at the moment?

imported_Picus
10-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Not sure - Opt Compound works better on the PC at the moment than Opt Polish, which takes much longer to break down. So maybe they`re working on a more PC friendly version of the Polish?

klnyc
10-30-2005, 04:19 PM
I have used all 3 of them(SSR2.5,OP and OC). It depend how bad its the vehicle. If a car never been polish for 5 years, of course you going for more aggressive polisher like ssr2.5 or Powergloss,etc. I only use OP for newer cars(no less than 2 years old) thats been proper taking care of.

Just my 2cents.

JebTonkin
10-31-2005, 04:55 AM
So is OC comparable to SSR 2.5 and OP is more comparable to SSR 1 or what?

Gen2
10-31-2005, 07:04 AM
If you work OC with a cutting pad, it is slightly more aggrassive than SSR2.5 with a cutting pad. For OP, I would say it is somewhere between SSR1 and SSR2

maesal
01-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Then, is easy to remove swirls and scractches with Optimum Compound and PC and the yellow Porpel 7`` PAD?