PDA

View Full Version : AIO Updates?

CTDiesel
10-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Earlier in the year, there was a great deal of debate on possible formulation changes with AIO. If there was indeed a change, enough time has past that AIO users of the"new" and "old" product should now be able to speak from experience on cleaning ability, durability or other product attributes.

For me, AIO has been an excellent product; probably the product I would select if I had to choose only one. The bottle I`m using now was purchased in spring `04.

The aim here is not to cause a flame fest, only seeking honest opinions before I restock up on AIO or its replacement.

DrSauekraut
10-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Reformulation? I’ve been using AIO for about 10 years. Re-stocked about 3 months ago . . . still seems to be good ol’ AIO. Is there something I should be looking for?

Intercooled
10-30-2005, 06:58 AM
I have heard the same thing. The talk was about making these products VOC compliant, and possibly having to change the formula. I`m not sure AIO needed to change or has been changed. :nixweiss

CTDiesel
10-30-2005, 07:46 AM
I`m not saying AIO has been reformulated; just if it has been reformulated users of recently purchased stock should know by now.

Richt
10-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Well my origional bottles contained a Tan liquid, my latest one is now white and loks and smells the same as my Carlack 68.

Andrew Timmins
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
Well my origional bottles contained a Tan liquid, my latest one is now white and loks and smells the same as my Carlack 68.

Any difference other than the colour?

stilez
10-30-2005, 01:46 PM
On other boards there have been independent tests done and people are 100% sure it was reformulated for the worst.

*I have not done any tests as I am still on my old batch.

DrSauekraut
10-30-2005, 02:48 PM
On other boards there have been independent tests done and people are 100% sure it was reformulated for the worst.

Reformulated for the worst? Please elaborate?

CTDiesel
10-30-2005, 02:54 PM
What do you think is a good replacement for AIO? I`ve tried CGs AIO and It is definitely not an adequate replacement for AIO. I like ColorX, but does not clean as well as AIO.

How about FK #215? How does it compare to AIO? Anyone know of a supplier who would have some old stock of AIO?

Richt
10-31-2005, 01:16 AM
Any difference other than the colour?

Not that I can see - seems to work just the same.

TGates
10-31-2005, 08:18 AM
It`d be a shame if AIO lost some of it`s cleaning ability. I don`t really care about the durability, as I think 95% of us top it, but it was great to be able to do a simple coat of AIO for surface prep. I haven`t tried the new formulation yet personally.

White95Max
10-31-2005, 10:16 AM
I bought my current bottle in June. It works the same as my last bottle. If they did reformulate it, I won`t know for a long time, because my 33oz bottle will last me a LONG time.

imported_Larry A
10-31-2005, 03:45 PM
AIO is already water base. What else would they have to do to it?

TGates
10-31-2005, 03:52 PM
I am curious as to how the testers determined the new version performs different than the original version. There`s an awful lot of variables at play there. :think: