PDA

View Full Version : a question about zaino

itsmeek
10-29-2005, 10:59 PM
hi guys and gals,

i have a black corvette z06 and purchased some zfx w/z2 recently to use on my car. i did the dawn wash, claybar, carwash soap wash, then 1 coat of zaino. i didn`t have time to do another coat and applied a layer of nxt generation wax on my car afterwards. i don`t see much of a difference between this and using regular polish (zymol). can i apply another coat of zaino on top of the nxt or should i re-dawn wash and apply multiple coats of zaino after that?

is z2 and zfx just a polish or will it protect my car like a wax as well? if not- which wax do you recommend for me to use?

thanks in advance!

meek

<edit>switched that i had used z5 to z2 which i really did use :)<edit>

Super
10-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Read the instructions http://www.zainostore.com/ there is no point in using nxt if you are using Zaino

Great looking cars is 99% preparation 1% wax

Autopia main page has a lot of helpful tips to get your corvette looking sweet, I would go there first and read all the great infor on how to Detail

ghoonk
10-30-2005, 04:12 AM
i would have skipped the NXT layer as it would be redundant, and gone with another layer of Z5, or better still Z2. Or Z2 Pro over the Z5, followed by Z8 or Z6.

Intercooled
10-30-2005, 07:01 AM
Dont put Zaino over any other product it wont bond to 99% of them.

buzzb
10-30-2005, 07:31 AM
For me, NXT wasn`t durable at all so a strong wash solution or Dawn wash should get rid of it then add your Zaino plan back on the car. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.