PDA

View Full Version : Need help winterizing my black Honda?

twopu
10-28-2005, 12:40 PM
I have a black honda with a fair amount of swirls. They are not deep, I probably just looked at my car the wrong way and BAM swirl marks. Anyway here`s a list of products I have, what combos are compatible for removing swirls and giving me the most protection for the up coming winter?

SSR 2, & 2.5

80, VM, AIO,

SG, 16, EX, EX-P, Natty

THANKS

JaCkaL829
10-28-2005, 01:09 PM
If your trying to get rid of most of the swirls I would first start with SSR2 and see how it does. If it doesn`t cut enough, SSR2.5 with a polishing or light cutting pad should be fine, especially for soft Honda paint. Anyway after you are content with your swirl removing, I would do a base coat of AIO and if your looking for something really durable i`d probably use its partner, SG. Maybe after a coat or 2 of SG, you can top it off with some heavy duty #16, I think that would be the most durable combination out of your arsenal to combat our NE winters.

twopu
10-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the input. I was thinking the same thing. I plan on trying my rotary for this job and was considering using 80 instead of the SSR. Will 80 work well with AIO, SG, and 16?

JaCkaL829
10-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes #80 is fine to use as long as your using AIO afterwards as your base for SG.

Skipping the AIO and going from #80 to SG is a BIG :nono because of the oils in #80.

twopu
10-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Is there any wait time between any of these steps? Will SG have any issues with EX?

80, AIO, SG, EX

80, AIO, EX