01-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Here is a pic of Alfa156`s front hood we detailed with the followings:
Wash with Eimann Fabrik Power Wash
Clay with Pinnacle Poly Clay
IP with LC 6-1/2" White Curved Edge Pad
FP with LC 6-1/2" Black Curved Edge Pad
FMJ by DA with LC 7-1/2" Blue Curved Edge Pad
Souveran by hand

Originally, the car was full of swirl marks hologram from improper detailing, which the owner worried that it counldn`t be fixed. Both pics were taken outside with direct sun light.

Moe

dalmore
01-28-2005, 02:37 PM
great job moe - I love the one with leaves running from the hood onto the windsheild - it`s clear that hood is smooth as glass now!! :bigups

Any full body shots? what`s the Alfa 156 look like?

TDMAN
01-28-2005, 03:44 PM
Nice Job! I can hardly wait to break out my Menzerna that I just received.

Woob
01-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Did the Eiman Fabrik clean very well? Looks awesome w/ the depth!

Corey S.
01-28-2005, 08:22 PM
great job moe - I love the one with leaves running from the hood onto the windsheild - it`s clear that hood is smooth as glass now!! :bigups

Any full body shots? what`s the Alfa 156 look like?

I concur. Hot detail. I love the 156, my favorite sedan. Too bad we don`t get it here :(

Ed Hartman
01-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Note to perfectionists: Being a fanatic, I couldn`t resist the temptation to guild the Lily by putting a coat of carnauba wax over FMJ. I tried both Pinnacle Souveran and P21S Pure Carnauba Paste Wax. Both dulled the shine. Since FMJ can be layered (it will bond to itself), my advice is not to put any other wax or protectant on top of it. If you feel the need for improvement, apply another "jacket" of FMJ.

This is a quote from Classic Motoring Accessories. One reason I never topped FMJ. Maybe your results didn`t dull the shine.

Moe
01-29-2005, 07:17 AM
Thank you everyone for your kind words.

To Dalmore: Here is the full pic of Alfa156 plus a pic of its front hood before we worked on it. You can see serious amount of swirls and cob webs from improper detailing. It looks even worse in direct sunlight.

To TDMAN: Menzerna system is our favorite. We have worked on more than 60 cars with it and no complains. The system allows us to prep the surface to its highest quality without introducing marks that needed to be removed subsequently.

To The Woob: Yes, Eiman Fabrik Power Wash cleans extremely well. It is our favorite at the moment, and we have tried all kinds of washing shampoo like Meguiar`s Hyper-Wash, NXT-Wash and Autogylm Bodywork Shampoo.

To Ed: Thanks for the tip. This is why I like Detail City board so much. Always learn something new here. In our case, we didn`t notice any dullness after topping FMJ with Souveran. We put down FMJ with medium speed air-system DA, a Japanese made, and achieved very smooth, uniform and slick surface. The wiped down before topping with Souveran. I will need to take a look at this combo again to be sure.

Moe