PDA

View Full Version : Interior Leather And Dashboardmy

fastfred
10-27-2005, 08:34 AM
My freind is looking at a BMW 545 from a priviate owner and really likes the car except the interior. The interior is a tan color leather and the previuos owner was a smoker. How would one go about cleaning the seats, door panels, and dash to get it clean and smelling good ?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

White95Max
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Clean/condition the leather.

Shampoo the carpets/mats.

Clean the plastic/vinyl with Woolite/water. Protect with 303, Total Eclipse, Natural Look, etc...

Check out the headliner too. The previous owner of my car was a smoker. The headliner was disgusting. Woolite took care of it though. Just make sure you don`t use too much water up there, or the headliner will droop down.

Flatfour
10-27-2005, 09:48 AM
What I use is natural soap (in Belgium it`s called "brown soap").

It clean`s almost everything out of leather, afterwards you let it dry and treat the leather with your favourite protection.

fastfred
10-27-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks guy`s :2thumbs:

Fred

travisdecpn
10-27-2005, 11:37 AM
If woolite doesn`t have enough cleaning power for this job, you may want to use an APC (I use Meg`s) 10:1 and an interior brush like the one megs has. It does a great job of cleaning the leather without drying it out. After it has all been cleaned, you can use a conditioner. Smoke has a way of getting into every nook and cranny, your best bet would be to have your friend find someone with an ozone generator to remove whatever is left after you do your deep cleaning of the interior.

fastfred
10-27-2005, 12:40 PM
If woolite doesn`t have enough cleaning power for this job, you may want to use an APC (I use Meg`s) 10:1 and an interior brush like the one megs has. It does a great job of cleaning the leather without drying it out. After it has all been cleaned, you can use a conditioner. Smoke has a way of getting into every nook and cranny, your best bet would be to have your friend find someone with an ozone generator to remove whatever is left after you do your deep cleaning of the interior.

I will pass that along .

Thanks,

Fred

LightngSVT
10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Call a janitorial supply store, many of them rent ozone machines. I had a friend do that to the "new" Jeep GC he bought before I detailed it and you`d never know there was ever smoke in it now.