PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Engine Kote

pontman43
10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
I found this stuff at a local supply shop (just found the shop today :woohoo: ) anyway, my question is is this stuff really worth buying? I currently use what ever tire shine is cheapest, but would like something that doesnt` attract too much dust. BTW I did a search and didn`t find too much other than its been discontinued for quite a while. I dont know how much it is either (products were not priced :angry , and I didn`t bother to ask) so how much should I expect to pay. Oh ya and there were like 3 gallon juggs left so if anyone wants some I might be able to get some for you.

Thanks

Djmigs
10-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Hi Pontmaqn,

I dont have no experience on this product other then Engine kote has been discontinued due to VOC regulation....but Meguiars replaced it before they were forced to change...the replacement is Hyper-Dressing which is water based....only down fall with water base is it will wash off in the rain.... so engine kote is not water base and will last longer...cant tell you the price of engine kote but what i can do is offer you the price on one gal of hyper-dressing $34 bucks....i am definitely interested in one gallon should you pick one up maybe they will give you a better price especially since its dicountuned...let me know...ive had no luck myself to find this and at least want to try it...just like i scored three cans of M#16 which is also discountuned..hope that helps and please let me know whats up....

:geez

gbackus
10-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Hi Pontmaqn,

I dont have no experience on this product other then Engine kote has been discontinued due to VOC regulation....but Meguiars replaced it before they were forced to change...the replacement is Hyper-Dressing which is water based....only down fall with water base is it will wash off in the rain.... so engine kote is not water base and will last longer...cant tell you the price of engine kote but what i can do is offer you the price on one gal of hyper-dressing $34 bucks....i am definitely interested in one gallon should you pick one up maybe they will give you a better price especially since its dicountuned...let me know...ive had no luck myself to find this and at least want to try it...just like i scored three cans of M#16 which is also discountuned..hope that helps and please let me know whats up....

I`ve got an extra gallon of it I can let go cheap. I was a little over zealous in my search for the stuff and have 4 gallons of the stuff, which is way more than I need. email me at backus101@yahoo.com

pontman43
10-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Hi Pontmaqn,

I`ll keep you udated. I`ll get some prices hopefully soon.

Has anyone actually used this stuff?

gbackus
10-26-2005, 10:58 PM
I`ll keep you udated. I`ll get some prices hopefully soon.

Has anyone actually used this stuff?

Besides your engine, try it on plastic wheel wells, works great.

travisdecpn
10-26-2005, 10:59 PM
It`s a great product for wheel wells and the engine compartment since it`s a solvent based forumla that doesn`t leave a grease or sticky surface after it dries. If you can get a gallon of it under $20 I`d go for it.

pontman43
10-26-2005, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a great product. If anyone wants some, PM me and I`ll get the price and shipping and everything.

Bill D
10-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Folks, including me, have used it. Since its discontinued, that was a true find. I refrain from using it on the engine but it`s my number product so far for wheel wells and undercarriage paneling. I tend not to spray it, as it clogs the sprayer and drips too much with the droplets drying hard. If you do a search you will see more about its use and what people thought of it.

Bobby G
10-27-2005, 07:55 AM
I dont have no experience on this product other then Engine kote has been discontinued due to VOC regulation... :geez

I don`t believe this is a true statement. Meguiar`s discontinued the product because it was made for them by an outside vendor and they discontinued the contract. They decided not to reformulate the product in-house because it was a very low volume mover.

IMHO, Engine Kote is a fantastic protection system for engines. Nothing else protects as well. The product is still available under other brand names. It is VOC compliant.

It`s a great product for wheel wells and the engine compartment since it`s a solvent based forumla that doesn`t leave a grease or sticky surface after it dries.

Engine Kote is a water based acrylic system, not a petrol product. It is 100% safe and cleans up with water.

pontman43
10-27-2005, 12:55 PM
So I guess I pick some up, but I`m not shure if I would use a whole gallon, so I guess I`ll trade some or something.