PDA

View Full Version : Will this work out okay?

Estranged
10-26-2005, 06:25 PM
I plan on.

1. Wash my car

2. Clay

3. Meguires Cleaner Wax

4. Meguires NXT

The paint is in decent shape and I have the cleaner wax handy. Will this produce decent results? Can I layer using NXT?

Thanks!

I know there are better products and processes out there, but I don`t have the time and resources for it right now.

White95Max
10-26-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes that would be fine, and the paint should look very nice afterward. I believe Meg`s claims that you can layer NXT, that its cleaners are not strong enough to remove the entire layer before it.

Sinner5
10-26-2005, 07:43 PM
I don`t mean to hijack any threads, but I`m going with something similar. Is it ok to do the same thing, but use AIO without the SG instead of the cleaner wax, or will the NXT take away from the AIO results?

White95Max
10-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I think AIO + NXT would result in a nicer finish than the Meg`s Cleaner Wax + NXT.

wannafbody
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
ColorX and NXT is a good combo

Sinner5
10-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Will NXT and AIO work well togther, or are they too similar of a product to really be worth using one after the other?

White95Max
10-26-2005, 08:30 PM
AIO is a stronger product than NXT as far as cleaning capabilities, so AIO would be a wise choice to use before NXT. NXT also has cleaning abilities, and whether or not it would be strong enough to clean off the AIO`s acrylic protection is anyone`s guess. It still wouldn`t be a waste of time, since you would know that AIO cleaned the surface very well to prep the surface for optimal durability of NXT.