PDA

View Full Version : What order is best?

pmagill
10-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, this weekend we are taking my girlfriend`s car to california and I want it to look good but be protected as well. I have a question as to the order in which I should apply sealants carnuba etc.

Car: 06 Scion tC

Color: Flint Mica (charcoal with heavy metallic flake)

Current Setup: Nxt topped with #26.. looks alright but not astounding..nxt looks great for about a day, #26 deepens and wettens, but reflectiveness falls short.

New products I am going to use: AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue

I was thinking... AIO, EX-P, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue... because I would have the protection of the sealants on the bottom, and looks on the top.

But will it look better if i go, AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue?

Just some insight because this is my first time with these products.

TIA..-pete

Glossmaster
10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
Hey guys, this weekend we are taking my girlfriend`s car to california and I want it to look good but be protected as well. I have a question as to the order in which I should apply sealants carnuba etc.

Current Setup: Nxt topped with #26.. looks alright but not astounding..nxt looks great for about a day, #26 deepens and wettens, but reflectiveness falls short.

New products I am going to use: AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue

I was thinking... AIO, EX-P, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue... because I would have the protection of the sealants on the bottom, and looks on the top.

But will it look better if i go, AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue?

Just some insight because this is my first time with these products.

TIA..-pete

That`s the ticket, babay........That`s the ticket!! :2thumbs:

Richt
10-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Will look sweet with AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue

DM101
10-26-2005, 03:51 PM
RMG over EX-P The RMG is a glaze and will remove the EX-P.

DM101
10-26-2005, 03:52 PM
This would be better.

Will look sweet with AIO, RMG, EX-P, Natty`s Blue

pmagill
10-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Ok, well we are heading out Friday right after I get off work and I will not be able to add a final coat.. so since i wont be able to wait for a cure period on the ex-p.. should i just skip it and go rmg natty`s blue for pure looks? i`ll tear down when i get back and probably go aio, sg x 3, rmg, natty`s blue.. for durability etc..

aio, sg x3 is pretty durable right?

travisdecpn
10-26-2005, 09:59 PM
In a pinch, you can top EX-P with natty`s without waiting for it to cure. You aren`t going to kill the durability and since you are going to do it again when you get back I wouldn`t sweat it too much.

Djmigs
10-26-2005, 10:07 PM

Hi Pete,

Thats interesting you didn`t have good results with Nxt....i currently am using nxt and always have good results...are you claying your car and doing the five step car paint cycle.....and are you allowing the wax to cure before remove....and are you applying two coats....both 26 and nxt are quality products ....this is what i suggest but remember its just my opinion and other may not agree.....use apply #7, then two coats of nxt, alternative, apply #7 , two coats of #21, alternative three apply #7, then two coats of 21, then nxt.....just remember to do the five step car care paint system(wash, clay(even though its a new car),polish,wax,maintain....hope that helps....

good luck :D

pmagill
10-27-2005, 06:55 AM
Miguel,

Its not that the car doesn`t look good. Like I said, the day of and the day after I applied NXT the car looked good.. Really wet and very reflective. But on the third day (I QD`d with NXT Speed Detailer everyday).. it just looked sterile to me. So I washed with EO Wash, and applied #26 which like I said, deepened the paint, and it looked nice and wet but it just didn`t create that wow factor. As for prep etc.. well the car was ordered and the day it got off the ship from japan, it went into the hands of my girlfriend who being the smart girl that she is, opted to not have it washed and brought it home. I am the only one who has ever washed the car, and the paint in my opinion did not need to be clayed, and is completely swirl free thanks to the two bucket method etc. I am confident in my ability to apply #26 because I have been applying for the last 2 years to my black vehicles which look very warm but again, its softens the look.. it`s not a sharp reflectiveness.. rather deep and wet which looks good but I think there are better products out there that I am going to try. Thank you for the info though.. As always, I am looking forward to trying new stuff.

-pete

pmagill
10-28-2005, 10:55 AM
Just wanted to update everybody.. Ended up washing with EO, polish with AIO (green sonus pad speed 5), RMG (blue sonus pad speed 3-4), EX-P (by hand, foam pad, let it set up so it was easy to remove, but no cure time), followed by Natty`s Blue (by hand, foam pad)... I was all new to these products but I feel like it was a success. a few questions though.

First up is AIO... man, the car looked amazing after just this.. super clear/reflective. I had never used AIO before so i grabbed a polishing pad, made a thin X and worked the hood in thirds on speed 5. i worked very slowly, overlapping the previous by half... it went on, and wiped off easily. my question is, since it is a chemical cleaner, how much do i have to work it? can the process be sped up? I actually liked the look of AIO alone and thought about sgx2 instead but decided to wait for next time.

RMG.. applied by pc at speed 3 or 4... didn`t really know how to use it.. so i applied quickly going over it about 3 times for complete coverage.. wiped right off.. whats the application method to yield the best results?

Ex-p .. by now the paint was smooth so it was a breeze to apply.. applied thin.. seemed to add a little surface gloss.. but that could have just been my eyes..

Natty`s.. at this point, the paint was lookin awesome.. i applied thin.. wiped off.. it seemed to add a little depth.. but the car was lookin prestine..

overall impression of all the products was great.. all seemed user friendly and the car looked great today in the sun... thanks for the advice guys.

Richt
10-31-2005, 01:26 AM
RMG - I apply with a finishing Pad by PC speed 4-5, work it till it dissolves/disapears into the paint needing very little removal.