PDA

View Full Version : Are pros perturbed by "weekend warriors"??

Pages : [1] 2

EBPcivicsi
10-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Just as a whole, does it bother you that some many of us want to "play house" on the weekend? I know that we cannot deliver the same results as you guys, but what are your feelings on the situation?

imported_flatstick
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Just as a whole, does it bother you that some many of us want to "play house" on the weekend? I know that we cannot deliver the same results as you guys, but what are your feelings on the situation?

Guess the lack of responses says it all. :geez lol!

rollman
10-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I think the biggest issue is pricing and poor workmanship , but then again you can have professional`s doing this also . I`ve seen quality work by weekend detailer`s both on here and a few others forums that equal that of Pros . A huge issue maybe the fact that anyone can call themselves a Detailer, what happens is the public lumps everyone into the same bucket and this rubs some people the wrong way. I think in the end the customer get`s hurt along with the pro`s.

Remember the professional has a huge investment of both time and money . Money in equipment , time in continuing training , lic, insurances, & advertising, so on and so on.

When ever you have a Professional business, what ever it might be ,landscaping , detailing , power washing , deck building just to name a few and then you have people that do this as a side income your going to have issues . JMO

stilez
10-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Interested as well...

Scottwax
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Doesn`t bother me at all. I focus on my performance, not others.

imported_truzoom
10-26-2005, 03:59 PM
Ive detailed for people via word of mouth, but I`m nowhere near professional. I hope I`m not taking away from someone elses business because the profit I make from it goes towards gas money or buying more products.

psl car wash
10-26-2005, 04:39 PM

same here,........competition doesnt bother NOR affect me at all......never has never will.

i do what i do and others do what they do. :2thumbs:if your doing it right you shouldnt be conserned with the others.

if your doing it wrong you WILL be concerned with others :rules:

EBPcivicsi
10-26-2005, 05:28 PM
I guess what I am saying is that all things being fairly equal, does it perturb you when some weekend warrior comes along and charges the same as you do, but doesn`t have to pay insurance, taxes, etc, etc.

I am not talking about some hack out doing $50 dollar "details," I mean someone who is actually fairly skilled, but only operates on the weekend.

I just thought it would be good conversation.

Spilchy
10-26-2005, 05:32 PM
I think the biggest issue is pricing and poor workmanship , but then again you can have professional`s doing this also .

That`s an understatement in the detailing / car wash business.

Just because you do this as a full time career doesn`t make you good at what you do. I`m highly competent with computers and have talked with total pin head help desk people that are as smart as my left big toe. I had a plumber BUTCHER my vintage sink in my bathroom and had to call my friend (not a plumber but highly skilled in plumbing) fix this guy`s work.

Plus there aren`t enough weekend warriors I believe to truly make any sort of dent in one`s business.

Scottwax hit the nail on the head and has the experience and success to back it up.

psl car wash
10-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Scottwax hit the nail on the head and has the experience and success to back it up.

HEY!! just cause he has 12,000+ post dont mean im not experienced hehehe ive been detailing cars from A-Z for 13 years now myself........

heres a :drool: LINK (http://www.formillionairesonly.com/LuxuryDetail.aspx?CustomerID=24) :drool: or THIS (http://www.thenewautotoystore.com/inventory.aspx) one to just ONE of my customers when i lived in FL.........

and i love this quote from there website...."The Company carries the most exotic selection of cars in the world. "

no offense meant scott. just standing up over here. ;)

Super
10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
In fact I send customers that I`m to busy to do to weekend worriers. I try to keep in touch with Detailers in my area, good honest people.

Hey Scott does this remind you of something :hairpull As I remember right that it bothered you on how that detailer detailed that car.

(This as nothing to do with ebpcivicsi original post)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/stang46L/100_0272.jpg

psl car wash
10-26-2005, 06:11 PM
^^^^^ that looks like a "stang"?

MorBid
10-27-2005, 01:26 AM
Competition is competition and in any business or industry you will find some that mind and some that don`t. Some people want all the business in their given area even if they could never meet the demand.

Customer/Client has the final say so anywho.

Spilchy
10-27-2005, 09:04 AM
HEY!! just cause he has 12,000+ post dont mean im not experienced hehehe ive been detailing cars from A-Z for 13 years now myself........

What do want, a cookie? :rolleyes:

I was referring to the fact that at the end of August, he reported that he detailed his 10,000th vehicle since he opened shop.

holland_patrick
10-27-2005, 09:08 AM
In fact I send customers that I`m to busy to do to weekend worriers. I try to keep in touch with Detailers in my area, good honest people.

Hey Scott does this remind you of something :hairpull As I remember right that it bothered you on how that detailer detailed that car.

(This as nothing to do with ebpcivicsi original post)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/stang46L/100_0272.jpg

Not this one again :wall :tribe: :nomore: