PDA

View Full Version : Monaro After Zymol Destiny

Pages : [1] 2

beeste
10-26-2005, 03:57 AM
Bought a tub - and it`s really really good!

http://www.fenderboy.demon.co.uk/Zymol/Zymol2.jpg

http://www.fenderboy.demon.co.uk/Zymol/Zymol1.jpg

This even beats my good old Souveran!!

AndyC_1
10-26-2005, 04:28 AM
Taken the plunge then mate?!

What was your process in terms of prep? HD Cleanse?

Looks stunning - nothing better than than a well detailed red car................apart from a black one that is! :p

beeste
10-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks Andy. No prep really as I didn`t have much time before a meet. Just a wash and dry and then I slapped on the Zymol. I haven`t bought any HD Cleanse - it`s on the shopping list tho`. You can`t live too far from me. I`m in Wimborne, Dorset.

AndyC_1
10-26-2005, 06:46 AM
Interesting - maybe Zymol is worth it as your pics certainly seem to prove! Will investigate....

Wimborne`s about 30ish minutes from me matey - just off J7 M3.

TGates
10-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Nice, the 18s you guys get look so much better than the 17s we`re stuck with in the states on the GTO. I`m going to be ordering some Monaro VZ`s in 18s for mine I believe. Car looks great. I wonder why the Monaro`s gas cap is lower than the GTO`s?

beeste
10-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Thanks a lot for the nice comments, I believe the cap is in a different place because the fuel tank was relocated on the gto`s to comply with USA safety laws.

Mikeyc
10-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Looks good!! I`ve been using Vintage for a couple of years now. I got some in the Pebble Beach sampler kit. There is a container of Destiny in there as well as one of Atlantique. Although, I haven`t tried either of those yet. I have yet to find anything that comes out better than Zymol. This week I ordered some Menzerna FMJ & P21S to see if that combo could topple Zymol. Everyone on this board speaks so highly of a sealant topped with wax that I just have to try it. It would be funny if it took two products to best one.

White95Max
10-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Very nice! What`s that yellow car in the background of the 2nd pic?

beeste
10-26-2005, 10:46 AM
Thats an Ultima GTR - One of the models holds the world record for the fastest 0-100-0 time (something like 7.2 secs) you can watch the video of it on their site http://www.ultimasports.co.uk/gtr/

White95Max
10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
WOW! :eek:

roadmaster_Tx
10-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Thanks Andy. No prep really as I didn`t have much time before a meet. Just a wash and dry and then I slapped on the Zymol. I haven`t bought any HD Cleanse - it`s on the shopping list tho`. You can`t live too far from me. I`m in Wimborne, Dorset.

How much did you buy the wax for? can you pease link up the website too

thanks

Scottwax
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Sweet! The paint looks super deep and liquid! :drool:

Mike-in-Orange
10-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Car guys on both sides of the pond share a real strong bond, don`t we? A quick glance at the fist picture could be any drag meet in the US. Take a quick look and what do you see? A red GTO (yes, I know it`s a Vauxhall Monaro - stay with me here), a silver WRX and a Dodge pickup trailering in an early `70s Challenger. Then you look closer, see the UK tags and the Monaro name on the beautifully detailed red car, and you realize......Car guys on both sides of the pond share a real strong bond, don`t we?

TGates
10-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Car guys on both sides of the pond share a real strong bond, don`t we? A quick glance at the fist picture could be any drag meet in the US. Take a quick look and what do you see? A red GTO (yes, I know it`s a Vauxhall Monaro - stay with me here), a silver WRX and a Dodge pickup trailering in an early `70s Challenger. Then you look closer, see the UK tags and the Monaro name on the beautifully detailed red car, and you realize......Car guys on both sides of the pond share a real strong bond, don`t we?

And a great bond to share it is :D

beeste
10-27-2005, 03:24 AM
Totally agree!! There were some great US Imports at the drag meet - Mustangs, Challengers and even a Charger. They were easily the loudest cars (and the quickest).