PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase RMG if I already have VM?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_NHBFAN
10-25-2005, 09:02 PM
Will I see a BIG difference?

Scottwax
10-25-2005, 09:03 PM
A big difference? No, not really. You will see a noticable improvement in depth though.

Richt
10-26-2005, 12:20 AM
I wouldnt be without both now, I choose one od the other depending on paint shape/conditionon other peoples car, and use both for added wetness on my own.

imported_NHBFAN
10-26-2005, 03:55 PM
I wouldnt be without both now, I choose one od the other depending on paint shape/conditionon other peoples car, and use both for added wetness on my own.

So you pick RMG for newer better finishes and VM for finishes that need more attention?

imported_COBRyan
10-26-2005, 04:00 PM
Will I see a BIG difference?

nope, but I`d rather have RMG on hand IMO

Richt
10-27-2005, 12:04 AM
So you pick RMG for newer better finishes and VM for finishes that need more attention?

Yeah thats the noraml routine for me. If I havent got power or the PC out I also go with VM.

On my own car, i do both though! :2thumbs:

imported_NHBFAN
10-28-2005, 06:56 AM
On my own car, i do both though! :2thumbs:

In what order?

Is it RMG by PC

then, VM by PC

then, LSP

Richt
10-28-2005, 06:59 AM
VM first for me here, Sonus Green with PC.

Followed By RMG, Sonus Blue with PC.

Then LSP.

VM with a polishing pad seems to clean up paint really well, and RMG then adds to the look.

imported_NHBFAN
10-28-2005, 08:48 PM
VM first for me here, Sonus Green with PC.

Followed By RMG, Sonus Blue with PC.

Then LSP.

VM with a polishing pad seems to clean up paint really well, and RMG then adds to the look.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like I`ll be ordering RMG soon.

Richt
10-29-2005, 02:01 AM
You wont regret it IMO

JaCkaL829
10-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Sorry to oppose everyone, but I don`t think buying RMG is worth it if you already have VM. I have both and really have a hard time seeing differences between the two. If your running low on VM, I can understand switching to RMG, but if you have a decent amount of VM I would just hold off on that order, unless you really have an itching to spend money.

Super
10-30-2005, 03:05 AM
I got to put in my two cents. RMG & VM is a glaze both have there purpose and both are for paint that’s in good condition. RMG is more of a conditioner for aged cars, say a few years old that are in simi good shape that need extra more attention to revive paint that is best used with a machine, VM is more of a dressing/topper for a sweet look.

----------------------

I’m a alcoholic as in drinking to much alcohol during so makes me a a** ho*e

JeffM
10-30-2005, 06:13 AM
If old paint needs to be revived, then it probably need an abrasive polishing. RMG as far as i know has very little ,if any bite.

I would only be bothered with the one if it were me.

imported_DennisH
10-30-2005, 09:06 AM
I got to put in my two cents. RMG & VM is a glaze both have there purpose and both are for paint that’s in good condition. RMG is more of a conditioner for aged cars, say a few years old that are in simi good shape that need extra more attention to revive paint that is best used with a machine, VM is more of a dressing/topper for a sweet look.

----------------------

I’m a alcoholic as in drinking to much alcohol during so makes me a a** ho*e

I think you have that backwards. I think RMG enhances the finish/increases depth and VM has some (but not much) paint correction propeties but not much on enhances the surfaces. IMHO.

Super
10-30-2005, 10:17 AM
Both are a glaze, a machine glaze is different then a hand glaze a machine glaze is made for a specific propose and that is to bring back oils deeper into the paint though heat created from the pad. Or you can use RMG for filling in fine micro scratches & paint corrections. VM is a hand glaze both does the same thing but differently. Depleted oils and fine micro scratches is the best way to go is to use a machine glaze (RMG).

There are all kinds of glazes out there made for specific purposes some are made for beat up old cars not worth much $ that is used to cover up the scratches and that’s it. There are glazes for the finer sweet polish paint in good shape, a glaze for dark paint, a glaze for show cars and the hand glaze originally made for places missed by machine glazing and fresh painted cars. VM is a new one for me its in between a show car glaze and reg hand glaze its in field by its self. I’m no glaze expert.