PDA

View Full Version : Anyone elses UPP smell like rotten eggs?

Pages : [1] 2

TGates
10-25-2005, 05:02 PM
I searched but didn`t find any mention of it. I always like to take a wiff of my products before using them, and boy was I in for it when taking a nice big wiff of this one. I actually got a free 4 oz. sample from Pakshak a little while back (although I already had a full bottle on the shelf which I hadn`t opened). Just wanted to make sure it was supposed to smell terrible :chuckle:

steveAZ
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Just used mine today. Definitely does not smell like rotten eggs.

TGates
10-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Just used mine today. Definitely does not smell like rotten eggs.

Really? Weird. It`s certainly the most pungent smelling item in my collection. On the other hand, I just picked up a bottle of Collinite 845 and read somewhere that it smelled terrible, but it actually smelled kinda normal.

blkyukon
10-25-2005, 05:14 PM
I searched but didn`t find any mention of it. I always like to take a wiff of my products before using them, and boy was I in for it when taking a nice big wiff of this one. I actually got a free 4 oz. sample from Pakshak a little while back (although I already had a full bottle on the shelf which I hadn`t opened). Just wanted to make sure it was supposed to smell terrible :chuckle:

Mine has a strong sulfur smell to it too....I emailed Dwayne about it a couple of days ago, but he hasn`t replied yet.

How old is the bottle you have? Mine is a little over a year...hope it has a longer shelf life then that!

ZaneO
10-25-2005, 05:26 PM
When a product begins smelling rotten, it means it`s spoiled and the chemicals aren`t very stable. I`ve heard 4-Star products are somewhat notorious for that.

imported_COBRyan
10-25-2005, 05:27 PM
I got mine from Autogeek a few months ago, I smelled mine and it smells like Carnuaba Moose. It has a strong polymer/solvent smell, but nothing like eggs or sulfur.

You want to smell something horrible, take a whiff of Klass SG.

RCBuddha
10-25-2005, 05:38 PM
Mine still has a "solvent" smell to it. Its over a year old....

TGates
10-25-2005, 07:48 PM
Mine has a strong sulfur smell to it too....I emailed Dwayne about it a couple of days ago, but he hasn`t replied yet.

How old is the bottle you have? Mine is a little over a year...hope it has a longer shelf life then that!

The bottle I smelled is the 4 oz. freebie I got from Pakshak about a month ago. Who knows how long they have had it... probably a while if they were giving them out as one of their free offers. I will have to smell my regular bottle when I get a chance to see how it smells.

Zane, thanks for the info... this is the first time I had encountered that.

Rob Tomlin
10-25-2005, 08:37 PM
No problems with UPP here. My bottle is about 8 months old.

Accumulator
10-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I It has a strong polymer/solvent smell, but nothing like eggs or sulfur. ..

Same here, both my v2.0 bottle (2.5 years old) and my v3.0/current bottle (about 1.5 years old).

EBPcivicsi
10-26-2005, 08:45 AM
LOL, mine smells like bubble gum, I *thought* it was v.2???

White95Max
10-26-2005, 09:09 AM
I have a pretty old bottle. It doesn`t smell good by any means, but it doesn`t smell any differently than when if first used it.

TGates
10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
Hmmm... this is quite interesting. There`s a couple of variables in my case. I know Pakshak is a reputable vendor, and I have purchased from them a few times before. I wonder if, for whatever reason, in whatever way, some how from transferring the UPP into the smaller 4 oz. bottles they are some how introducing something to it that`s reacting negatively? That`s quite a stretch. Or maybe their stuff was just getting old, who knows.

Richt
10-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Mine just smells very solvent like.

PakShak
10-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Aloha All,

We had poured the samples from a couple of gal jugs of UPP we had for about a year. Yes, it does have a slight odor to it but we didn`t think it smelled that bad. And I believe it has a shelf life over a year. They were placed in a climate controlled area of our warehouse.

Well, we do apologize to anyone who is having odor issues with the samples they had received from us recently.

Maybe it was because I was surrounded by all those fruity smelling Poorboy`s products. Yum...Yum :)

With Aloha,

Ranney :)

*Claim - I am a vendor*