PDA

View Full Version : Lawrence, KS looking for a real detailer

ramp
10-25-2005, 02:24 PM
I live in Lawrence, KS and cannot find a real detail for my silver Mercedes S500. Surly there must be someone here, or very near here that can detail my car. The best I can find is Auto Plaza Car Wash, and I don`t think they have a clue...

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

imported_Totoland Mach
10-26-2005, 03:47 AM
I live in Overland Park and do enthusiast type vehicles (Porsche, etc) as well as daily drivers. The problem I have is the lack of indoor washing facility for winter detailing.

Send me a PM or e-mail and I can send you pics of a swirled Black 911 that I corrected.

Totoland Mach

imported_Totoland Mach
10-26-2005, 04:51 AM
Here is a link to pics of the black 911 I completed.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheBefore2.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheFinished.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheAfterOwnerReflection.jpg

TGates
10-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I`m in Lawrence and would be happy to help you out. Only problem is I recently transported my supplies (200+) back home, five hours away in Garden City. I have lots of experience, however. Are you looking for a place to take your car, or someone to help you out in correcting problems with it?

By the way, Auto Plaza is a joke. It`s fine for people who just want a "clean" car, but by Autopian standards, no way.

Was that you I saw turning west off of Kasold just south of Bob Billings the other day?

imported_drg
10-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Here is a link to pics of the black 911 I completed.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheBefore2.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheFinished.jpg

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/PorscheAfterOwnerReflection.jpg

wow great work man.

ramp
10-26-2005, 12:47 PM
I`m in Lawrence and would be happy to help you out. Only problem is I recently transported my supplies (200+) back home, five hours away in Garden City. I have lots of experience, however. Are you looking for a place to take your car, or someone to help you out in correcting problems with it?

By the way, Auto Plaza is a joke. It`s fine for people who just want a "clean" car, but by Autopian standards, no way.

Was that you I saw turning west off of Kasold just south of Bob Billings the other day?

I have been using Auto Plaza for wash detail work. It`s mediocre but all I can find here in town. I just don`t want to have to travel to get my car done. Maybe when you go home next you could bring a few things back? I just had it detailed about a month or two ago, so am in no hurry. Would like to get it done again before the snow flies.

Yes, that was me turning off Kasold. I live on St. Andrews Drive

TGates
10-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I have been using Auto Plaza for wash detail work. It`s mediocre but all I can find here in town. I just don`t want to have to travel to get my car done. Maybe when you go home next you could bring a few things back? I just had it detailed about a month or two ago, so am in no hurry. Would like to get it done again before the snow flies.

Yes, that was me turning off Kasold. I live on St. Andrews Drive

What are you looking to have done on your car? I have a multitude of polishes, cleaners, sealants, waxes, et al and a PC. It looked like it was in great shape when I saw it. I would assume you would want something like a durable sealant applied for winter? I know of a couple of options that would last well into the spring.

Are you wanting swirl removal, and has the car been clayed?

I can have the necessary tools/products here by the 10th of November, but this would only be a one time deal because I am graduating from the university in December and moving home to work.

ramp
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
What are you looking to have done on your car? I have a multitude of polishes, cleaners, sealants, waxes, et al and a PC. It looked like it was in great shape when I saw it. I would assume you would want something like a durable sealant applied for winter? I know of a couple of options that would last well into the spring.

Are you wanting swirl removal, and has the car been clayed?

I can have the necessary tools/products here by the 10th of November, but this would only be a one time deal because I am graduating from the university in December and moving home to work.

I should have known I`d finally find someone who know what they are doing just as they were about to leave town...

The car is in good shape, but I suppose a good winterization is what I`m looking for. The car has no swirls to remove because I have only had it detailed twice since I bought it new 51/2 years ago. I hate to admit that but I have kept it clean and looking good. Auto Plaza said they clayed it, but I can still feel some rough spots so I don`t know. I guess a durable sealant is a must, but not sure what else (how many steps) might need to be done. What do you recommend?

I am not a detailer so don`t know all that much, which is why I joined Autopia so I have an idea what is "supposed" to be done. Actually, I did so I could challange Auto Plaza to do a better job.

TGates
10-26-2005, 02:19 PM
I should have known I`d finally find someone who know what they are doing just as they were about to leave town...

The car is in good shape, but I suppose a good winterization is what I`m looking for. The car has no swirls to remove because I have only had it detailed twice since I bought it new 51/2 years ago. I hate to admit that but I have kept it clean and looking good. Auto Plaza said they clayed it, but I can still feel some rough spots so I don`t know. I guess a durable sealant is a must, but not sure what else (how many steps) might need to be done. What do you recommend?

I am not a detailer so don`t know all that much, which is why I joined Autopia so I have an idea what is "supposed" to be done. Actually, I did so I could challange Auto Plaza to do a better job.

I would recommend claying, first of all, especially if you can feel rough spots on the paint. It would be super easy to get a very durable (and very shiny!) finish on your car. All you would have to do is order some Klasse All-in-One and some Klasse Sealant/Glaze. If I were to do your car for you for the winter, that is what I would do, and probably top the Sealant/Glaze with a durable carnauba just for kicks, like maybe Collinite No.845 Insulator Wax. Pick up a good quick detail spray, and some quality microfiber towels, and a waffle weave for drying, and you would be set. This is all assuming your paint is in great shape and doesn`t need any real polishing.

If you`d like me to come check it out some time for recommendations, I`d be happy to. Just send me a PM. As a matter of fact, you can buy the Collinite wax locally, and some members of the board have seen beading after 4 months I believe.

There are also a few OTC items you could use that would help, but would not come close to the protection of the Klasse twins.

ramp
10-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I sent PM. Never sure if it actually went. Let me know if you don`t get it.