PDA

View Full Version : 05 Silver Honda Civic

trekvdm
10-25-2005, 07:54 AM
I bought a Silver Honda Civic Coupe in March. I`ve been washing it and been using the NXT line on it sense. I`m not all to happy with the results I`ve been getting. I`m going to be buying a PC and I thought I`d ask you guys which products (Waxes, etc) should I get for it. I dont see any swirls but there could be some.

papi_jay
10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
5" backing plate - 6" pads . Wash it and clay it , then go over it once with a paint cleaner and the blue pad .

Silver can`t be made " deeper " usually so a wet lsp is best . I would say UPC + UPP would be best .

AIP + SG a close tie for appearance and more durable .

Vanilla Moose + Carnuba Moose wax for good shine and good protection cheapest of the 3 combos .

Then buy a compatible qd spray and some quality microfibers .. Clearkote`s Quikshine works with all of them

mtwedt
10-25-2005, 10:17 AM
My favorite combo to date on my silver CR-V is RMG/VM/UPP/Natty`s after doing any necessary prep with wash/clay/PP. To date, the V hasn`t needed any SSR`s.

4830Deuce
10-25-2005, 10:52 AM
I would suggest looking around in the click and brag for a combo you think is really nice on silver...b/c everybody has their favorite and everybody is going to tell you someting different...remember though its all in the prep, so the right pads and the use of a pc makes as much difference as the products you use! good luck!

p.s. here is a silver car i just did...just to get you started:

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=63517

-Justin

papi_jay
10-25-2005, 01:45 PM
True it is definately all in the prep

zey
10-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I bought a Silver Honda Civic Coupe in March. I`ve been washing it and been using the NXT line on it sense. I`m not all to happy with the results I`ve been getting. I`m going to be buying a PC and I thought I`d ask you guys which products (Waxes, etc) should I get for it. I dont see any swirls but there could be some.

Hi trekvdm, may I know why are you not happy with the result you`ve been getting? Firstly, it`s important to understand that consumer range of products are mainly for maintenance - to prolong the nicely prepped surface. If your new ride came with DISO and factory paint defect, then certainly you need to do the surface prep if you wish to achieve another level of finish.