PDA

View Full Version : Why not so many fans for PB`s PP?

imported_NHBFAN
10-24-2005, 09:01 PM
I use PB`s Professional Polish on a regular basis and find it to be a great paint cleaner and prep for a variety of sealants and waxes.

I`ve not read much about this product here. Feels like I`m standing on a island :shocked

SpoiledMan
10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
I have actually collected a few bottles of it in trade and like it. It`s easy to use once you learn that it needs to dry prior to removal and leaves the surface squeaky clean.

imported_Picus
10-25-2005, 04:49 AM
I like it too - I think the reason it isn`t super popular is that there are many, many product that overlap in that range of polishes. Every one has it`s little niche, but between the really light abrasives, the cleaner polishes, and the glazes, there is a lot of competition for that "last pass before lsp" polish.

s2skimon
10-25-2005, 05:11 AM
i think this is stage where clearkote dominates unfortunately .. atm, there is nothing better than VM and RMG IMHO

JaCkaL829
10-25-2005, 05:59 AM
I like it too - I think the reason it isn`t super popular is that there are many, many product that overlap in that range of polishes. Every one has it`s little niche, but between the really light abrasives, the cleaner polishes, and the glazes, there is a lot of competition for that "last pass before lsp" polish.

I`d agree between Clearkote, Meguiar`s, Menzerna & Poorboys theres quite a variety of light polishes/cleaners/glazes available. :o

Sherman8r44
10-25-2005, 06:52 AM
Do chemical (non-abrasive) paint cleaners like PP and ColorX do anything that clay can`t on clearcoats?

DM101
10-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Menzena`s PO85RD and Red moose glaze to polish before my lsp. If it a sealant i use Duragloss 601 bonding agent.

imported_Picus
10-25-2005, 07:26 AM
Ya, see - everyone has their favorite. For me it`s Sonus 3, Clearkote VM, or Clearkote RMG, or some combination of the three. I like PP, it just doesn`t have a place in my "arsenal".

JayC
10-25-2005, 08:08 AM
I dont know if the formula has been changed but PP ruined the trim on my wife`s CRV.

Granted, I should have been more careful and not gotten it on the trim but Ive never actually seen a detailing product that ruined trim even tho they all have the warning.

Still, other than the trim snafu, it was a good product as is most of the Poorboy`s line and customer support from Steve is top notch.

imported_norahcrv
10-25-2005, 08:26 AM
What happened to the trim? Do you have pics?? When you say "ruined", do you mean "irreparably damaged"? :eek:

I`m just concerned as I also have a CRV.

Scottwax
10-25-2005, 09:18 AM
:nixweiss I guess because I really like PwC. Great base for carnaubas. I tend to go with AIO under sealants.

imported_NHBFAN
10-25-2005, 04:05 PM
i think this is stage where clearkote dominates unfortunately .. atm, there is nothing better than VM and RMG IMHO

I`d use VM or RMG between PP and my LSP, neither CK product has the polishing/cleaning abilities of PP.

TGates
10-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I like to use PP under pure sealants, rather than AIO, just cuz I`m paranoid and picky and think pure sealants will bond better to a PP`d surface rather than AIO because of the fact that AIO does leave some protection behind (acrylic I believe.)

As a matter of fact, I`m so picky that I try to stick with same polish/cleaners and sealants. UPC/UPP, AIO/SG or any carnauba, PB PP/EX-P (or I`ll use SSR1 if swirled), ZPC/Z2, etc. I always use AIO under a carnauba, though, or if I don`t have the corresponding cleaner/polish, I`ll use AIO anyways, like in the case of my WG sealant.