PDA

View Full Version : OCW Over S100???

Krautfed 03
10-24-2005, 12:26 PM
I currently have an Artic White 2005.5 Audi A4 with S100 over AIO. I ordered some OCW, and was thinking about applying it as a "booster" to what I have already. I clayed, AIO, and applied 2 layers of Pinnacle Signature about 6 weeks ago. I just topped with a layer of S100 about 2 weeks ago, testing durability of Sig. and S100. I have washed the car twice since the coat of S100, I don`t want to take all protection off and re-apply AIO, so I am wondering if the OCW will have any negative affects using over the S100?

TGates
10-24-2005, 03:01 PM
It probably won`t bond as well over a carnauba, and you might get some streaking, but I don`t know that for sure as I haven`t tried it. I know several members on the board prefer to use it before a carnauba. It can`t hurt to try, at least on a section or two, since it`s so easy to apply/buff.

imported_COBRyan
10-24-2005, 03:10 PM
I would just wait a while. The S100 will give you a good 4-6 weeks of durability anyways, so when that time comes around just hit it with AIO then use the OCW. OCW has some sealant qualities so it probably doesn`t like to be topped on a carnauba. I would use it on top of a sealant or on a polished/AIO`d surface only.

But like the above poster, try it anyway!

Krautfed 03
10-24-2005, 03:26 PM
Tried the hood, had to work to keep streaking down, does not bead as well as S100. Keep in mind, this was on White.

imported_COBRyan
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Tried the hood, had to work to keep streaking down, does not bead as well as S100. Keep in mind, this was on White.

S100 is probably one of the best beading waxes I own. I love using it in the rain season for that reason. With that said, I could understand why it would require a little work to keep it from streaking. That fresh S100 is probably doing its job well at keeping moisture away!

Scottwax
10-24-2005, 07:00 PM
If you use OCW over a carnauba, it works best if you wait 3-4 weeks after applying the carnauba.

I just washed my car and applied OCW over a 3 week old application of Meguiars #16 and I had no problems whatsoever...and I have a black car.

Richt
10-25-2005, 12:13 AM
Washed and quick detailed my car at the weekend after a run out and applied a coat of OCW over a week old application of Souveran. Previous to this it had had a coat of Nattys Blue and a intial coat of Souveran. No streaking problems here on Black.

Gen2
10-25-2005, 12:23 AM
I applied OCW over Collinite #885 Fleetwax which I had it on my car for 2-3 weeks and I did not experience any streaking problem too. Btw my car is red in colour.