PDA

View Full Version : what kind of carpet cleaner is best?

maximv1
01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
hey everyone, i need some help. the dealership i work at is looking at getting a carpet extractor. we use the old washmitt,scrub brush and wet vac method right now. what is a good brand and is a steam cleaner better? thanks for your help

G35stilez
01-27-2005, 10:18 PM
http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=6916&highlight=carpet+upholstery+gsrstilez

I like my Bissel Little Green Clean Machine since I`m not a full-timer. However, if the dealership has the money, more power to them for a professional extractor.

Mark Waldron
01-27-2005, 10:25 PM
I can`t comment on steam cleaners but what I`ve read they are more of an added tool to use to clean carpets/upholstry than a replacement. I personally use a Python Extractor that has 2-6 gallon tanks, 2-600 Watt in line heaters, with a 24` hose. It`s basically the same machine as the Mytee HP60. Mytee also makes the HP100 which has larger water tanks so depending on the volume your dealership is detailing, that might be the way to go. Mytee has been in the extractor business for many years and is used by many pros. There are alot more companies to choose from and I would suggest doing some research on the different brands and look at the pros and cons of the different machines and manufactures.

Ed Hartman
01-28-2005, 11:13 AM
www.crossamerican.com in my opinion builds some of the best extractors in the US. There customer service is excellent and when you call the number you talk to the owner and the man who builds the machines. Call and talk to Ed Valentine. (yes I have owned his machines). The Recoil 3 is by far the most popular extractor amongst carpet cleaners who use portables. I clean carpet for a living and have tested several units over the years and this is one of my favorites

4x4K1500
01-28-2005, 08:43 PM
http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=6916&highlight=carpet+upholstery+gsrstilez

I like my Bissel Little Green Clean Machine since I`m not a full-timer. However, if the dealership has the money, more power to them for a professional extractor.

where can i get a bissel??

tubafeak
01-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Basically anywhere that has a lot of everything. Any carpeting store, Home Depot, Lowes, Meijer, Wal-Mart, etc... Basically anywhere that has a large assortment of products should have one. I would suggest the heated one, as hot water does a better job of extracting. Also, get the one with the turbo brush, it makes getting stains out easier. It should cost around $90-100.

rollman
01-29-2005, 04:28 PM
where can i get a bissel??

If you do get the Green Machine , get the pro heat model . Look on Ebay you can find them there cheap. I paid $66 for a new one to my door . It was hard for me to find the heated model local.