PDA

View Full Version : Detailers Pride Super Swirl Eliminator

Richt
10-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Anyone got any views on this?

I used it for the first time today even though I have had it for a few weeks, (Grabbed some from autogeek.net when they had there Souveran deals on, as it had to come all the way to the uk thought I would grab a some to tey to justify post costs). I used it on Black Ford Fiesta that belonged to a neighbour. He approached me a few weeks ago and 2 weeks ago I Pc`d his recently purchased 03 Golf R32. Lots of dealer inflicted swirls and scratches from the previous owner, SSR 2 and Optimum polish sorted it out well. On seeing this his wife wanted her car done, the Ford. Didnt look at the plate - but I think it was 8-10 years old, looked after but had been through car washes so had isolated scratches and was swirled and lightly hazed all over.

Seeing the DP SSE on the shelf I decided to use this as a chance to try it rather than OPT or the SSRs like normal. Wow It worked at treat, light cut pad by PC removed the swirling with ease, adn took out most scratches. The dusting that I had read about on here even on black was minor, but a little at times. For me on the light cut pad I think it worked better than OPT or SSR 2.5.?

It left the paint very deep and wet, enhanced some metallic flake it didnt even see was there before I had done a panel, and took very little product. It aslo finished down on black with no hazing and LSP ready from an orange pad which was nice. Being as this was a new vehicle that I hadnt done before and a new product, I was not sure if it was thew Ford paint being soft paint that may be why it worked so well or the product. I was suprised jsut after this how well the car loked. Until I had to use it on the R32 I had done a few weeks ago.

3 days after I had detailed the Golf the cambelt snapped/slipped and the car ended up at the dealers. The owner picked it up end of the week with a new engine, and some scratches. He was going to be washing the car while I cleaned the Fiesta, before he even starting I could see scratches on the rear door and drivers door. Inficted by a dirty sponge or cloth IMO. After finishing his wife car, I repolished these panels ( rest of the car luckly remained ok). The paint seemed hard when I polished it before with the SSRs and Optimum Polish. The DP SSE made short work of the marring with one pass, which led me to believe that it seems a good product. Worked really well.

Do people find it more Aggressive than SSR 2.5 or Optimum Polish on a cutting pad? Need to find where it sits in my arsenal aggressive wise?

Cheers

Rich

Big Leegr
10-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Haven`t tried it, but nice review, nonetheless!

JeffM
10-23-2005, 04:11 PM
It is pretty aggressive, and if you dont work it long enough, you will have swirling, esp. on black.

Look at the paint with a flashlight, and you might see it.

But it is a good product, and the Mild Swirl Eliminator is very good also.