PDA

View Full Version : SMRs

Sherman8r44
10-23-2005, 11:41 AM
OK, I have questions about four different SMR`s

1. Does DP Super Swirl Eliminator haze? How well does it finish? What pad(s) should be used with it?

2. Same as #1, but pertaining to Optimum Compound?

3. Does WG Total Swirl remover have enough power to compete with the above two? What pad(s) should be used with it?

4. Does Mother`s Powerpolish have enough power to compete with the above three? Does it have fillers?

I have a B&D RO, I know it`s no PC but 4400 opm and at least 1 amp sure beats hand polishing. TIA!

Sherman8r44
10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
anyone????

White95Max
10-24-2005, 05:26 PM
I think you`re going to have trouble finding someone that has tried all of those.

I`ve used lots of products, but I haven`t used any of those.

I`m going to take a few guesses for you though.

Assuming that your question is asking if those first two products are aggressive enough to cause hazing, I think Optimum compound would haze. Compounds are generally pretty aggressive products, and will often leave hazing.

I doubt Mothers PowerPolish would haze, or be close to Optimum Compound, because I believe the Mothers is a consumer-line product. That means that people are likely to use it by hand, and Mothers would be foolish to put strong abrasives in the product.

Mad iX
10-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Mothers Powerpolish is quite strong and the bottle advises machine application. It`s close to SSR2.5 in abrasiveness (but not quite) and finishes up almost as well, ie. very little haze.

Haven`t used the others.

White95Max
10-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I didn`t realize the PowerPolish was actually a strong SMR.

Richt
10-25-2005, 12:09 AM
I have only used the DP SSE, out of the products you list, on Black at the weekend with a light orange cutting pad, no hazing, work it till it just starts to dust.

Sherman8r44
10-25-2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks everyone!