PDA

View Full Version : pressure washer setting

opass
10-23-2005, 08:08 AM
My pressure washer usually set at 1700 psi for washing cars and wondering how much psi do other detailers like to use?

I found over 2000 psi is kind of getting dangerous for cars.

psl car wash
10-23-2005, 08:44 AM
My pressure washer usually set at 1700 psi for washing cars and wondering how much psi do other detailers like to use?

hehehe to each his own on this but yes the lower the safer!!!!

i own a 3200 honda pressure washer and most of the time i use it full blast (CAREFULLY) with a 40 tip

HomicidalSloth
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
hehehe to each his own on this but yes the lower the safer!!!!

i own a 3200 honda pressure washer and most of the time i use it full blast (CAREFULLY) with a 40 tip

Yeah, I find it`s more about the tip than the actual PSI setting really. I just keep the tip set to where the water fans really wide and isn`t putting too much pressure on any one area.

psl car wash
10-23-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I find it`s more about the tip than the actual PSI setting really. I just keep the tip set to where the water fans really wide and isn`t putting too much pressure on any one area.

40 tip is about a 2 inch wide spray, one of the thinest sprays. u just need to know how to use it at that hard of a spray.

SVR
10-24-2005, 05:16 AM

My mid range karcher from a few years back is 1000 and does the job fine

Just remember to not aim it straight at the paint even from four feet back but instead, do it side on gliding the water across the horizontal and vertical panels accordingly

Find that 2000 + can take the slickness out of a well detailed car and sealed paint job

Doors - horizontal spray pattern

Roof - vertical

Bonnet and boot - vertical

ktlimq
02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
How is the pressure spec measured? Right at the outlet? Or at 20 cm or 50 cm distance?

Is there an easy formula to calculate the water pressure at a chosen distance?

What is usual pressure at auto car wash, self car wash?