PDA

View Full Version : Spray and Gloss lived up to its name today

White95Max
10-22-2005, 02:50 PM
I am in the process of detailing my car for winter, which includes applying #16 on my door jambs. I clean out the door jambs after every traditional wash (washing with a hose and mitt), so the jambs weren`t very dirty at all. The last time I cleaned them out was last weekend. Most of the time I use QEW to wash my car. Anyway, I wiped the door jambs with a MF towel and S&G, to prep them for #16. I looked at the jambs after S&G and I was quite impressed by the way they looked already. :)

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DoorJambS_G_2.JPG

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/DoorJambS_G.JPG

I still plan to add #16 tonight though. And it looks like I`ll need to install my snow tires tomorrow. :(

stilez
10-22-2005, 03:58 PM
Excellent wet glow it has.

Expecting snow already?

LightngSVT
10-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Those of us who detail outdoors need to start prepping now because the weather is going to start getting very unpredictable and cold very soon. I cant wait for my new house and 5 car garage, all the cars will live indoors and Ill have an indoor place to detail too.

White95Max
10-22-2005, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately, yes. Chance of rain/snow mix on Sunday night and Monday morning, and a low near freezing. It`s been raining off and on all day, and more of this tomorrow, so if it hits the freezing mark Sunday night, there may be a little ice to deal with as well on Monday morning. I`ve got to leave for my first class on Monday morning around 9:00AM. Frost, snow, and ice are not friendly to ultra hi-perf summer tires, nor are mailboxes friendly to body panels!

White95Max
10-22-2005, 04:06 PM
I cant wait for my new house and 5 car garage, all the cars will live indoors and Ill have an indoor place to detail too.

Wow, would that be nice! Is the garage going to be heated too?

LightngSVT
10-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Basically it will be RT side is 12x60 and the LT side is 12x40, so 1200` total. It will have an 8` door, 10.5` ceiling, fully drywalled and insulated door, 3 windows, 4 seperate electric circuits, laundry tun w/ hot/cold water, natural gas line for a heater (eventually) and even a cable outlet. Yah, Im geeked about it, and I hear the rest of the house will be nice too, LOL!!!

White95Max
10-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Holy crap. :eek:

Who cares about the rest of the house...I`d be spending more time in the garage anyway!

Mikeyc
10-22-2005, 04:38 PM
There`s a cable outlet and maybe eventually a heater in your garage???? :spit: Here`s what I`m thinking . . . watching football and buffing at the same time. I`m getting too excited right now I have to log off. :faint:

Glossmaster
10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Needs a fridge & a bathroom!!! (lol)

White95Max
10-23-2005, 07:07 AM
Hooray! The chance of snow was changed to chance of drizzle and low near 35*F! And then the forecast is partly cloudy for the rest of the week. That means the wheels stay on for now. :woot: