PDA

View Full Version : anyone own a fleet wash business with big accounts?

quamen
10-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I really want to open a fleet wash account business. I want to get contracts with big companies such as home depot, ups, fedex and more to wash there vehicles. Does anyone open this type of business? If so how is it going etc? Any help is appreciated.

Jordan@DD
10-22-2005, 04:02 PM
I`m looking for the same kinda thing... Only problem is there are companies out there willing to do it for VERY cheap...

When i worked at the BMW dealer i asked how much the guys were paid to do a fleet wash on the cars and it was like pennies per car.

Now if your talking like actually doing details on them, that good money... I`m working on an account with a local electric company to detail their fleet vans every few months... Pays like $150 per van times 20+ vans

Superior Shine
10-22-2005, 07:44 PM
www.fleetwash.com beat these guys.

Fleet washing is butcher work. Nobody cares about quality, just price. Some make money at it but I am a detailer and can`t get used to the fleet type work.

Scottwax
10-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Fleet washing is butcher work. Nobody cares about quality, just price. Some make money at it but I am a detailer and can`t get used to the fleet type work.

Same here. Much less job satisfaction doing fleet work too.

However, if you feel you would enjoy doing it, and obviously, some do, just be aware that when someone cheaper comes along you lose the account.

Superior Shine
10-22-2005, 08:19 PM
just be aware that when someone cheaper comes along you lose the account.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!

Super
10-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Yep! Pressure washing Co`s come in using a low pressure chemical sprayer then use a pole brush then high pressure clean off and that`s it. Windows they use a rag to wipe clean. They can clean large trucks in less then 10 min`s each lined up 20 next to each other. Every so often they use an acid to really clean the paint. I know this is because I worked for a pressure washing Co`s while I was going to collage many of years ago.

HomicidalSloth
10-23-2005, 12:29 PM
Yep! Pressure washing Co`s come in using a low pressure chemical sprayer then use a pole brush then high pressure clean off and that`s it. Windows they use a rag to wipe clean. They can clean large trucks in less then 10 min`s each lined up 20 next to each other. Every so often they use an acid to really clean the paint. I know this is because I worked for a pressure washing Co`s while I was going to collage many of years ago.

I somehow imagine they don`t exactly wax after using said acid? :think:

Poor paint! :nono

TDIGuy04
10-23-2005, 01:58 PM
I somehow imagine they don`t exactly wax after using said acid? :think:

Poor paint! :nono

the paints on most of these commercial vehicles are hard enamel paints, made for abuse.

kpagel
10-23-2005, 02:01 PM
This is just to satisfy my curiosity, but how much do these guys usually get paid per vehicle for a fleet wash?

foxbody
10-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Also ups has their own car wash and pay part timers to do nothing but wash cars. Each car normally gets washed everyday, esp in winter months.

psl car wash
10-23-2005, 05:10 PM
This is just to satisfy my curiosity, but how much do these guys usually get paid per vehicle for a fleet wash?

$1-$6.oo per car.