PDA

View Full Version : World Series

Pages : [1] 2

boywonder
10-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Who`s going to be watching the World Series this weekend? I am going to be pinned in front of the TV. :D

JeffM
10-21-2005, 03:03 PM
I might shoot a video of how to use the 2 bucket method while in a hurricane :)

Mike-in-Orange
10-21-2005, 08:08 PM
I`ll go ahead and get this out of the way first, and I don`t mean to offend anyone as this is just my opinion.

Baseball bores me to death. Waaaaay too much time spent standing around watching the grass grow.

Having said that, I think it`s very cool that the two teams playing for the whole enchilada this year are either in the big show for the first time ever (Houston) or haven`t been there in 4+ decades (Chicago). Nice that it isn`t the same old handful of teams.

The only thing I`ll really miss about the Angels losing out - I live about 3 miles, in a straight line, from Edison Field. That straight line runs from home plate, through the pitchers mound, and ultimately right through my kitchen! So, when the WS was played here a few years ago we had some very cool Air Force flyovers, at pretty low altitude, right over our house! But then the game started and, ho-hum.

cwcad
10-22-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey, I have to watch because there is a double connection for me. My roots of the midwest make me want to root for

Chicago but my home is in Texas so I have a connection there also. Look forward to good old time baseball

10-22-2005, 09:32 AM
go sox!!!!!!!!!!!

percynjpn
10-22-2005, 09:37 AM
I`m really happy that it`s the White Sox vs. the Astros! Let the better team win!! :clap:

hondaguy2582
10-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Go Sox!!!!!!!!!

MikeWarner
10-23-2005, 02:34 AM
Who`s going to be watching the World Series this weekend? I am going to be pinned in front of the TV. :DAs a UK member, can you explain what the World Series is, and which countries take part?

percynjpn
10-23-2005, 07:13 AM
As a UK member, can you explain what the World Series is, and which countries take part?

Not very imaginative - a rather predictable comment from the land of :spit: CRICKET!! :rolleyes: YAAAAAAWNNNN. . . .

cwcad
10-23-2005, 07:52 AM
As a UK member, can you explain what the World Series is, and which countries take part?

It is the sport of `Baseball` the national pasttime of the United States. Kind of like World Cup Football(soccer) in England, but the fans are not as rowdy.

It is rather presumptuous of the US to think of it as a "WORLD SERIES" but the greatest game is played in this country. The best of the worlds baseball players come here to play professionally to test their metal.

MikeWarner
10-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Ah - thought it might be basket ball, now I know. PS. I knew the World Series part meant US teams ;)

Mike-in-Orange
10-23-2005, 10:30 AM
Ah - thought it might be basket ball, now I know. PS. I knew the World Series part meant US teams ;)

Actually, there are a few teams from Canada that are part of the whole Major League Baseball organization, so it isn`t just the USA. Close, but not quite!

Wasatch
10-23-2005, 04:16 PM
Would like to see Houston win, go Astro`s.

boywonder
10-24-2005, 02:16 PM
Last night`s game was a heart stopper for both teams..

imported_Griz
10-25-2005, 11:17 AM
The cards are out of the series, so I consider the season over. I haven`t mustered up the energy to watch the WS especially with how exhausting the NLCS was. MLB needs to come up with something better than a lottery system for selecting umpires for series play. Otherwise, there should at least be a play-review option.

But my outlook for the Astros hasn`t changed, Oswalt needs to keep on performing, and the Sox need to roll over like the Cards did. The stros don`t have a strong offense, Clemens & Pettite are not as dominant as in past years, and Lidge is apparently human.