PDA

View Full Version : What`s the optimum wax for cars with hard paint?

ChiliCooperS
10-21-2005, 01:44 PM
DavidB stated that my car, a 2005 MINI CooperS :brit, has hard paint. I pm-ed him a couple weeks back in reply but he has not answered. :nixweiss

Right now I use Zaino Z5 with a couple coats of Zaino Z2 over it. I am happy with the shine and depth of red that my paint is showing, but I want more! :D Is there any product that I can put over it and/or use next time I wax my car that`s better for paint like mine?

Thanks

Mikey

imported_COBRyan
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Souveran or Natty`s Blue would be my choice

imported_COBRyan
10-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Oh, I`m not a Zaino fan at all, so I would actually recommend trying other combos as well.

White95Max
10-21-2005, 03:48 PM
It doesn`t matter whether your paint is hard or soft, when it comes to waxes and sealants. The only time paint hardness matters is when you`re polishing or doing anything that might scratch your paint.

Accumulator
10-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Yeah, I agree- the hardness only matters once you have to correct it. No matter how hard it its, it`ll still be easy to mar it and no LSP will help much. The one thing I do try to do with hard paint is to *not* mar it in the first place. Using a slick LSP and washing (properly) frequently helps greatly.

I keep the S8 basically marring-free (been 18 months since I last had to polish it) by washing very carefully, never letting it get very dirty, and keeping the UPP on it fresh.

JeffM
10-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Try some Z8, adds alittle more of everything Z2pro does.

Bobby G
10-21-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey Mikey... I wasn`t dis`n ya. Honest! I never saw your PM.

db

DavidB stated that my car, a 2005 MINI CooperS :brit, has hard paint. I pm-ed him a couple weeks back in reply but he has not answered. :nixweiss

Right now I use Zaino Z5 with a couple coats of Zaino Z2 over it. I am happy with the shine and depth of red that my paint is showing, but I want more! :D Is there any product that I can put over it and/or use next time I wax my car that`s better for paint like mine?

Thanks

Mikey