PDA

View Full Version : Buying larger sizes....

Pages : [1] 2

Corey Bit Spank
10-21-2005, 12:17 PM
So, I have noticed that I`m really wasting money on buying 16oz of tire/vinyl dressing, quick detailer, degreaser, carpet shampoo, etc.

Where/what do you all buy in bulk? :)

EBPcivicsi
10-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Is there a local PBE store or "detail" supply warehouse near you? Check your phonebook...

I buy Hyper dressing by the gallon, #34, #40, #83 DACP, #84 CPC, etc all at my local PBE store.

I also purchased 5 gallons of EO water-based dresing from sparkleauto recently.

Wasatch
10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Chemical Guy`s, they have everything in gallon sizes. Adam`s Polishes as well.

Flatfour
10-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Even here in Belgium, one of my friends has a body repair shop and he regulary buys stuff in bulk (Meguiars, Stoners...), a lot cheaper. First because it`s bulk, second because in the US products are much cheaper then here in Belgium.

For my personal use I combine both, some stuff in bulk (I order together with him), some stuff in 16-32oz botlles.

AMDin93103
10-21-2005, 05:48 PM
Belive it or not, Santa Barbara is in the sticks when it comes to bulk availabilty. There are a few opps that sell product out of box trucks and a few jobbers here and there but tracking them down is a nightmare. There are two PBE`s locally but they rarely have anything in stock, one dropped the entire Meguiars line for some other line with like a dozen products.

All my orders are through the internet. My UPS guy rocks and as long as I stay ion top of what I have and when its should be gone. . .I`m good.

CG`s - Meguiars - Detailnet are my main connects for dressings, cleaners and clay.

Corey Bit Spank
10-21-2005, 06:50 PM
What`s PBE? :)

Setec Astronomy
10-21-2005, 07:07 PM
What`s PBE? :)

I never liked that abbreviation either, it stands for Paint and Body Equipment supplier, I think. I always called them auto paint stores.

White95Max
10-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I buy the large sizes of products from Poorboy`s World, and I got a gallon of Meg`s Detailer APC from Autogeek.

Other than that, I have all 16oz and 32oz products.

Corey Bit Spank
10-21-2005, 07:19 PM
I was mainly looking for dressing and cleaner. Otherwise I like smaller bottles, since I do like to try new things more often.

Bill D
10-21-2005, 07:22 PM
I`m a fan of buying gallon sizes of whatever premium products I use that offer them. I sure would like to see more premium products available in concentrates. I don`t see an awful lot out there at the moment and they don`t appear to me to be too popular :nixweiss. Aside obviously from car wash and cleaner concentrates, if chemistry allows, it would be great to have dressing and QD concentrates. Enthusiasts and professionals alike, we go through those kinds of products often and concentrates not only would free up some of our shelf space, it also would keep any shipping charges a bit lower. :)

White95Max
10-21-2005, 07:27 PM
That would be very convenient to be able to order concentrates. You could even mix up the products with various ratios if desired.

SpoiledMan
10-21-2005, 07:39 PM
Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing is concentrated. So is Wheel Brightener.

Setec Astronomy
10-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Well, since we`re on the topic of bulk cleaners and dressings, and concentrates, Meg`s Detailer Line has a number...as Maxy mentioned, there is the APC which can be diluted to various concentrations, the Glass Cleaner which dilutes 10:1, and the Hyper Dressing (as noted by SpoiledMan while I was typing this) which can be used in various dilutions. I just got some of those three, although the only one I have played with is the Hyper Dressing, which didn`t work out that well so far. You can also get the Meg`s Last Touch and Final Inspection in gallons. As Maxy said, most of the Pb`s products are available in quarts and gallons. I`ve also gotten Charlie`s Soap (both the APC and Laundry Liquid) in gallons.

imported_hadboosttroy
10-21-2005, 10:18 PM
VERY cool dog bill d :)!!

Richt
10-22-2005, 02:07 AM
I use Autoglym Products as UK wiseprice they cant be beaten plus they a premium products that I get them in 5 litre sizes.

Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss Sealant, Vinyl and Rubber Dressings, Tar Remover, Interior Shampoo, Bumper Care, Engine Cleaner all work out cheap as chips.

I wish i like the shampoo as this is available in 25 litres LOL!