PDA

View Full Version : Gettin` some KIT Carnauba Gold samples!

JustinR32
10-20-2005, 10:16 AM
I sent a webmail query to KIT about a month or so ago, and got no reply and chalked it up to "no one cares". Today I got a return email from Mark Sterwald, saying that he is sending a box of samples.

Normally this wouldn`t mean a whole lot to anyone, but over the last two years the quality of OTC products has taken a HUGE step up. If KIT joins Meguiar`s, Mother`s, Turtle Wax and Eagle One with a quality consumer line, then it`s better for EVERYONE.

Tom

wannafbody
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
post up some reviews-good OTC offerings are great-no shipping charges

Trans am87
10-20-2005, 11:37 AM
I use Klasse on my cars, but i picked up some kit wax, and used it on my S-10 pick up, i used my PC, and it came out nice and shiney, but Ill stick with the Klasse on my show cars.

JustinR32
10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Woohoo, just got `em, and it is truly a surfeit of riches. They aren`t sample sizes, but FULL sizes of,

Paste Wax (actually a cream, similar to Wheel Wax)

Liquid Wax

Wash & Wax

Instant Detailer

All Wheel Cleaner

High Gloss Tire Shine

Scratch Out Liquid

Scratch Out Paste

Mr Metal Wipes

Mr Leather Wipes

First impression, it wouldn`t have hurt them to put a scent to the waxes. But the pad that came with the cream is pretty nifty, it has a "handle" shape to it.

I`m thinking, this will make a nice project for the weekend, or maybe for next weekend. Test the stuff.

Tom

Scottwax
10-25-2005, 05:53 PM
Kit`s carnauaba car wash is an excellent product, FWIW.

TGates
10-25-2005, 08:00 PM

I almost picked up a jug of this stuff last time I was at Auto Zone. Is it mild?

Scottwax
10-25-2005, 08:22 PM
I almost picked up a jug of this stuff last time I was at Auto Zone. Is it mild?

Mild, cleans well and suds nicely. Feels very slippery. :)

pontman43
10-25-2005, 08:47 PM

Thats the stuff in the yellow clear boxy container, right?

Scottwax
10-25-2005, 08:55 PM
Thats the stuff in the yellow clear boxy container, right?

Yes. $4.99 for a gallon last time I bought it at Pep Boys. :up

pontman43
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Yes. $4.99 for a gallon last time I bought it at Pep Boys. :up

Thats what I thought, I used to use that stuff all the time, but stopped for some reason. Probably starting using it again.

Setec Astronomy
10-25-2005, 09:30 PM
I sent a webmail query to KIT about a month or so ago...

Woohoo, just got `em, and it is truly a surfeit of riches. They aren`t sample sizes, but FULL sizes of...

What did you write to them to get such a panoply of product?

JustinR32
10-26-2005, 09:36 AM
What did you write to them to get such a panoply of product?

Not much, I said that I was interested in their new line, that I was happy to see them going high end and head to head with TW Plat and Meg`s NXT and Mom`s Refl, and I mentioned that I am an active member of Aut, Meg`s, DC (not really that active, but registered there) and a couple other places as "Mosca", and I included links to the forums. I wasn`t looking for any samples. I wanted information on what they were trying to accomplish with their new "GOLD" line.

Kit has taken a bit of a beating from us high end and boutique users. But you know, they are their own lab and as best I can tell their own manufacturer for most of their stuff, including their waxes. If Chemical Guys put their products directly on KMart shelves would that affect our perception, not of their VALUE but of their PERFORMANCE? It`s hard to get away from that feeling of "I`m special because I pick stuff no one else knows about", and that goes for ME as well as most of the rest us.

OTOH, the stuff could suck. Whichever, I`ll tell it like it is.

Tom