PDA

View Full Version : Will Polish protect my truck for 1 day until I

MillerClemsonHD
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
can finish the job I have started and get my truck waxed. I have been working a few hours every night for the past 2 weeks trying to get my truck completely detailed. I washed, clayed, washed again, taped over all my plastic, and have polished almost the entire truck. I have 2 panels left. I am afraid Im going to run out of time tomorrow night and not get it finished and completely waxed. This is my first time using a PC so Im not sure how long it will take. When I last waxed by hand it took close to 8hrs. I wont be able to carpool to work on friday and have to drive. Im only working half day so it wont be outside for too long.

Question out of this story is can I drive friday after using Sonus SFX2,3 and my truck be protected enough to wax this weekend?

Thanks for any help. I have learned a great deal from this site already and appreciated the help.

Black240SX
10-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Wax the parts you have finished now. It shouldn`t take long, not more than 30 minutes for the whole car.

What wax were you using that took 8 hours?

Mikeyc
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
I`m very curious as well. Did you put on 10 coats? Do you drive an aircraft carrier? Eight hours to wax one car seems like an awful long time. Also, doing things by hand takes much longer than by machine.

MillerClemsonHD
10-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Its a GMC 2500HD so it takes a long time. Its a big truck. If I do 2x2 sections my hood is 6 sections the doors are each about 3, then the rear fenders and tailgate. It takes an hour to wash it. drying takes 20 mins or more depending how good of a job I do. I spent 4 and half hours last night polishing. to do the tailgate, doors, hood and front fenders.

Wax the parts you have finished now. It shouldn`t take long, not more than 30 minutes for the whole car.

What wax were you using that took 8 hours?

LightngSVT
10-20-2005, 10:31 AM
Now thats what I call a thorough job!

MillerClemsonHD
10-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Now thats what I call a thorough job!

I gotta use a ladder to polish or wax my hood so it takes a long time to do. Its really hard to try to do only 2x2 sections when it is only doing half a door or less. It looks a 100 times better since I polished it last night. Its not perfect but for a noob trying to fix so many swirl marks and small scratches I cant complain really. I wasnt expecting to get it perfect just looking better, and I have been able to do that. I will post some pictures after I get a chance to take some. unfortunately I couldnt get any before pictures bc it was too dark every evening when I got home to take any. I can wash and dry my fiancee`s 05 altima in about half as long as it takes to wash my truck let alone dry it.