PDA

View Full Version : Received a nice compliment today!

JRdetailerwoman
10-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Setec Astronomy and I detailed my neighbor`s Silver 2002 Mercury Sable two weekends ago. He always tells me I have the shiniest car he has ever seen, so we decided to make his car look just as shiny! We didn`t charge him anything...we just wanted to make an old man happy. Today I received a lovely fruit and nut basket with a card that said he took his car to his grandson`s little league game and all of his friends asked him when he got the NEW CAR! :grinno:

psl car wash
10-19-2005, 03:14 PM
We didn`t charge him anything...we just wanted to make an old man happy. :grinno:

thats AWESOME!!! :dance :xyxthumbs

we also had a similar situation yesterday..........i had a man approach me the other day and asked how much to wash and vac his van (conversion van(high top)) and we answered (without seeing it) $30.oo to wash and vac so we booked him on our scedule and....................

we got there yesterday and to my disbelief (lol) this van hasnt been cleaned in id say at least ....AT LEAST one year , now normally i would tell somebody with a vehicle this dirty instead of the norm at $30. it would be a minumum of $50.oo+ to wash and vac BUT heres the thing......................................

this guy was a very nice guy and he was a WWII veteran and he lost BOTH of his legs by steping on a land mine so we kept the price at $30 instead of $50...........

normally this procedure would take 1 to 1.5 hours but...........lol it took 3!!! hours and we just did an extra special job for this guy because here where we are there arent any car washes so its not that easy for him to bring it somewhere OR to wash it himself....so i just kinda look at it as doing it as a cause in a way.........

made us feel GREAT at the end of the day (very tired lol)

and we informed him it would cost $200. to give it a full and he said probably will at the first of the month so in turn doing something like this pays in the longrun anyways........

once again........

We didn`t charge him anything...we just wanted to make an old man happy. :grinno: :clap: :up :xyxthumbs

thats great that you did that!!!!!!

JeffM
10-19-2005, 04:37 PM
I used to snow plow a little ol` lady`s driveway for nothin, and she was very greatful.

Its a good feeling for sure, pay it forward :)

Wasatch
10-19-2005, 04:48 PM
People in UT don`t care about what their vehicles look like or basically anyone else`s, SHAME. Good for you.

NYC2SoCal
10-19-2005, 04:52 PM
For most people, compassion is a long lost virtue.. You folks rock!

White95Max
10-19-2005, 04:58 PM
Today I received a lovely fruit and nut basket with a card that said he took his car to his grandson`s little league game and all of his friends asked him when he got the NEW CAR! :grinno:

Awesome! I love when customers send me notes or call me to tell me that same type of thing! :)

You must have done a nice job on it. What was the process?

Setec Astronomy
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Maxy, my product selection was based largely on trying to thin out my shelves a little. The car had a lot of garage rash. Sorry, no pics, Jr. forgot her camera, there wasn`t really that much to see, it was silver, just usual stuff. This is what we did:

Exterior:

Meg`s DC wash

Griot`s Clay with DC wash lube

Spot clean paint transfers with DC1

Started with #80, but switched to 83 on a Meg`s Polishing Pad via PC

MPPP by hand with Evencoat app

1Z Gummi Pflege on sun roof seal (that was for you, Maxy)

Klasse VLRP on black plastic mirrors and door sills, and certain exterior trim

Interior:

Seats with MPLC

Vinyl with #40

Floor mats spot treated with Meg`s carpet stain stuff, scrubbed with Charlie`s APC, rinsed, extracted LGCM

Interior Glass EO 20/20

Wheels:

Meg`s All Wheel cleaner on wheels and tires

Pb`s Wheel Sealant

Armor All on tires

Engine Compartment:

Quick spray with Lemon Simple Green and hose off

Blow dry

wipe some hoses with #40

Jr. is a shiny tire freak, so I guess she`s been embarrasing him...and he was concerned his wheels wouldn`t come out well, but they cleaned up fine aside from some salt corrosion under the coating on the center caps (they just had a lot of brake dust on them and the tires were all brown). Ford has some pretty nice alloys on various Sables, and these looked pretty nice once they were clean.

White95Max
10-19-2005, 06:48 PM
1Z Tiefenpfleger on sun roof seal (that was for you, Maxy)

I would have used Gummipflege. ;)

Setec Astronomy
10-19-2005, 06:53 PM
I would have used Gummipflege. ;)

Yeah, that`s what I used...I don`t even know how I got that Tiefentiforturfwar in my notes...I don`t have any 1Z stuff except the Gummi.

White95Max
10-19-2005, 07:00 PM
good stuff ain`t it?

Setec Astronomy
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
I used it on that foamy stuff around the sunroof, because on this car it seemed to be shinier like a soft door seal, and because a week or two before we had used Meg`s GC Trim Dressing on Jr.`s foamy seal around her sunroof, and it streaked later in the rain.

BigAl3
10-19-2005, 07:38 PM
We didn`t charge him anything...we just wanted to make an old man happy.

good looking out! :up