PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with mini cooper

ChuChu
10-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Well I decided to clean up the GF`s car while she was out of town. I`m looking to winterproof it with AIO/SG/P21S and at this point I`ve got everything masked off and gone over it once with a PC and the AIO.

My problem is I`m thinking perhaps I didn`t take enough time making sure I had a perfectly clean surface to work with during the claying stage, particularly on the back of the car which tends to build up a lot of layered dirt. The reason I say this is the white pad I use for the AIO came away reasonably dirty after going over the car once.

Now I haven`t noticed any marring or anything but I can`t escape the lingering feeling that it`s not 100% clean and I don`t want to be sealing crap inside the SG.

Basically I`m trying to figure out where to go from here... I could spot clay the back, behind the wheels etc, then hit those specific areas with the PC again and go from there. I could just pull all my tape off (/cry) and start over again (This option pains me since I`ve already sunk a good chunk of time into the car and masking all the plastic moulding on a mini is a huge PITA). I could chalk it up to me being overly obsessive and just move on with the process and hit it with the SG.

Opinions?

chml17l
10-19-2005, 10:48 AM
AIO is mostly a chemical cleaner, so there is no suprise it cleaned some stuff off the car that the clay didn`t touch. I`d say you are fine to continue on with the process you outlined.

sQuashed
10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Perfectly normal to have a filthy pad after AIO ChuChu. Thats the beauty of it..It cleans stuff you had no idea it was there. :xyxthumbs