PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a few things... comment on plan

Pages : [1] 2

99IntegraLS
10-18-2005, 06:18 PM
I have a white Integra and have used mostly OTC stuff mainly Meguiars things.

Here is my plan let me know what you think.

Exterior:

1) Wash with Gold Class or Deep Crystal (I have both)

2) Apply a cleaner wax (I clayed about 2 weeks ago with Clay Magic so I don`t think I need it again)

3) Apply Klasse AIO Polish

4) Apply Klasse SG

5) Wait 12 hours do another coat of SG

6) 24 hours later apply some Meguiars NXT Paste Wax

I have almost no swirling so I think its gonna be OK.

Trim:

I am going to be doing some trim work on a area that is pitting and dull. Here a pic http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Eclectic211/IMG_0063.jpg

I plan on cleaning then with some 400 grit paper sanding till pitting is out then applying some Forever Black then sanding with some 600 grit paper and finally apply a final coat. Should look something like this hopefully http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/Eclectic211/IMG_0074.jpg

Wheels + Tires:

Clean with some Meguiars Hot Wheels and dress with some NXT dressing or Hot Shine

Plastic Head Lights:

Polish with some Klasse AIO

What do you think?

I have all these things in my possesion. Sound like a OK plan?

toml
10-18-2005, 07:05 PM
If you`re going to use AIO (step 3), you can skip the cleaner wax (step 2) as AIO is a chemical polish and (a) would probably clean better than your cleaner wax and (b) would also strip whatever wax was put down by the cleaner wax. So, step 2 would be a waste of time IMHO.

I`ve never used SG before, but the posts I`ve read said you should wait 24 hours, not 12, before applying a second (or third, etc.) coat. The 24 hours before applying the NXT should be fine as the SG should have cured by then.

99IntegraLS
10-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks alot but I have read that AIO posses no cleaning ability so thats why I assumed I would try the Cleaner Wax. Thanks I apprecaite your help!

toml
10-18-2005, 07:24 PM
If you check the back of your AIO bottle, it says right at the top that it is a "non-abrasive cleaner-polisher-protector."

Black240SX
10-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Cleaner waxes are meant to save time, not give the best results. You should get better results with a regular paint cleaner.

sQuashed
10-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks alot but I have read that AIO posses no cleaning ability so thats why I assumed I would try the Cleaner Wax. Thanks I apprecaite your help!

:think: AIO is a serious paint cleaner. The cleaner wax step would be a waste of time. You also might not want to mess with the look of a couple of layers of SG. The NXT might change the awesome look of the sealant glaze. And NXT has cleaners in it too which could actually take away the SG. Just something else to think about.

ToddW
10-18-2005, 08:49 PM
I prefer UPP over SG but that`s just me... deeper and more shiny not to mention a hell of a lot easier to use imho.

Ben Kenobi
10-18-2005, 09:42 PM
I`d have to agree with everyone else in staying away from a cleaner wax. Work the AIO well and you`ll be impressed with the results. Give the SG time to cure and you`ll love the look. If you want to give it some depth don`t use NXT as it does have the cleaners as mentioned.

Go with something like S100/P21S or Meg`s #26 or 16. The last two will give you protection along with looking great. Oops, forgot Natty`s too and Max Wax. They`re all excellent products. Good luck and make sure to show us your results.

Paul

99IntegraLS
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks so I will just wash then do some AIO + SG and is there any good waxes available locally that I could use over the SG?

PS: What do you think about my plan for the trim?

Thanks

99IntegraLS
10-19-2005, 01:46 PM
BTW I am applying this all by hand shouldn`t be a problem right just maybe a tired arm :)

Thanks!

JeffM
10-19-2005, 02:36 PM
From using sandpaper as a hobbyist, the grits you are choosing are pretty coarse. Ive never sanded trim, but i would see if you can get the results you are looking for with a finer paper first.

Also, depends on how much you love your ride, and how much it costs, and what location the trim is in, but it might be fairly inexpencive to just have a body shop replace it.

White95Max
10-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I would try something like PB`s Trim Restorer on that trim before attacking it with coarse sandpaper.

And yes, AIO is a strong paint cleaner. It is an awesome product for paint cleaning, and will do a better job than a cleaner wax. Skip step 2.

toml
10-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks so I will just wash then do some AIO + SG and is there any good waxes available locally that I could use over the SG?

PS: What do you think about my plan for the trim?

Thanks

The S100 that was mentioned should be locally available at a Harley motorcycle shop for less than $20.

99IntegraLS
10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
OK I will try the PoorBoys trim restorer on my black trim and then if that doesnt work I will move on. Since I am buying the PB Trim Restorer at AutoGeek I guess I can order the wax topper at the same time. Anything else you recommend I order?

I will be applying by hand BTW don`t have the cash for the PC yet.

Thanks!

99IntegraLS
10-19-2005, 07:03 PM
I did some searching and see many recommend Natty`s Blue on white for a deep wet look is that right?