PDA

View Full Version : What is the full name of CMW?

opass
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
I assume it is ClearKote Moose Wax.

Richt
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Clearkote Carnuba Moose Wax

Martinrulz
10-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Full name is Carnuba Moose Wax :)

opass
10-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Question:

I am buying RMG and want to try CMW as topper, however, according from ClearKote website, Moose wax is cleaner/wax. Does Moose Wax will remove RMG below?

Or CMW is CARNAUBA WAX that sell for $18 pint?

Please help me to clear my mind :hairpull

stilez
10-18-2005, 01:14 PM
You want RMG and CMW, not MW. Makesure its Carnauaba Moose Wax, not just Moose Wax.

CK needs to do some re-naming, IMO.

TGates
10-18-2005, 02:50 PM
You want RMG and CMW, not MW. Makesure its Carnauaba Moose Wax, not just Moose Wax.

I couldn`t agree more. The only one of their products that doesn`t advertise having cleaning abilities is the Carnauba Moose Wax. All the others do, so what`s the point of using them over eacother? I can`t argue with the results from using their stuff, though. One of my new favorite combos on my dark blue metallic car is RMG/YCW/CMW (carnauba.) per recommendation from Clearkote themselves.

I think the Clearkote Moose Wax (the purplish looking one) is a one step cleaner wax... but then what does that make Vanilla Moose? :think:

TN9thSi
10-18-2005, 04:21 PM
VM is more of a glaze with some minor swirl removal(hiding) properties.

opass
10-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Please enlight me as my brain is not functioning correctly.

Is Carnauba Wax same as Carnauba Moose Wax aka CMW??

Scottwax
10-18-2005, 05:48 PM

Mentioned that to Everett several times. Even before CMW came out, I suggested the name "Clearkote Carnauba" but he wanted to keep "Moose" in the name. :nixweiss

opass-Carnauba Moose Wax is the product you want. It is white, not brown. :)

opass
10-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Mentioned that to Everett several times. Even before CMW came out, I suggested the name "Clearkote Carnauba" but he wanted to keep "Moose" in the name. :nixweiss

opass-Carnauba Moose Wax is the product you want. It is white, not brown. :)

Got it.

Thanks!

White95Max
10-18-2005, 07:15 PM
I get sick of labels that state contradictory information, like RMG. From the RMG bottle:

"Contains no abrasives"

"It is designed to remove minor paint defects, wet sanding marks, oxidized paint and overspray."

:nixweiss

TGates
10-18-2005, 07:24 PM
I get sick of labels that state contradictory information, like RMG. From the RMG bottle:

"Contains no abrasives"

"It is designed to remove minor paint defects, wet sanding marks, oxidized paint and overspray."

:nixweiss

This confused me as well. My assumption was that since it is a MACHINE glaze that the defect removal comes from the pad itself. Who knows.

Scottwax
10-18-2005, 07:44 PM
This confused me as well. My assumption was that since it is a MACHINE glaze that the defect removal comes from the pad itself. Who knows.

Correct. It has light chemical cleaning properties and combined with the buffer and pad, it will clean up the paint.

I agree the product descriptions could be more clear. Regardless, I really like Clearkote products. ;)

Richt
10-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Shame about the descriptions as Scott says but results are fantastic.

White95Max
10-19-2005, 09:11 AM
I agree the product descriptions could be more clear. Regardless, I really like Clearkote products. ;)

Definitely. I will continue to use the Clearkote products, but there are sure to be some pretty dissatisfied customers that read the label of products like RMG, and expect it to do a lot more than it`s capable of. Then they`ll either hate that product, or get discouraged with detailing altogether.