PDA

View Full Version : do you think this will work???

charliecroker
10-18-2005, 08:20 AM
hi all. 1st of all the project:

2003 Solid Black Mini Cooper S

History:

NEVER been Garaged

Parked off road, very busy road though!

Currently does at least 40 miles per day commuting.

Bought her six months ago and she had never even been waxed.

currently has 26000 miles on the clock

Care History:

ist bought

AG SRP, then onto Ultra Deep Shine, then tried Extra Gloss Protection..not that impressed moved to Meguiars.

..clay barred and always waxed with gold class (twice a week if i could)

then moved onto Nxt Paste, then back to Gold Class(preffered the finish)

Recently purchased theand successfully used the three Deep crystal 1,2,3

Replaced DC3 with a coat of GC followed by my new favourite P21s

I am always looking for the holy grail shine...and since being on here have learned its all in the prep. (thanx to everybody for their advice by the way, the steps below have culminated in all the advice given by yourselves)

so!!!!!!!heres my plan (all by hand i might add).

1st GC wash her and QD and clay Bar her one last time this year.

now the important part is to get rid of the scratches and swirls that seem to still be there even though i have tried Scratch X.

So far im thinking

1 CLay bar then DC1 or Klass AIO

2 DC2, scratch x then cover with 1zwaxpolish soft (had mixed reports that this just fills and fills!)

2 seal with megs 21?

3 top with p21s (maybe use another wax as an undercoat 1st, then p21s as a topper)

all this will be by hand as i have already bankrupted myself buying MFs towel and loads of different polishes.

does anyone think this may work or have i got it wrong AGAIN!!!!????

(PS I HAVE YET TO BUY THE 1Z PRODUCTS AND KLASS AIO)

yours in anticipation Charlie Croker :wall

blackntan
10-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Charlie,

A few things - Don`t buy the AIO. Not if you`re working with daily driven black. All you`re gonna do is highlight every single scratch on the car.

Now, I love AIO, but I use it AFTER swirl removal by machine. And believe me, if I missed any swirls or scratches, AIO lets me know about it...

If I were you, and I was working by hand, I`d go with something like this:

1: clay bar

2: swirl removal with filler (3M SMR is a good one on black)

3: polish/filler - I never used 1z waxpolish soft, but it seems like an excellent product for this

4: carnuaba wax - Carnuaba fills swirls the best. P21S is a good choice, so are things like NXT (yes, I`m aware that a lot of people hate it`s longeviety, but it does fill...) and #26 will all work excellent...

Good luck! Before to post before/after pics!!!!

Accumulator
10-18-2005, 11:40 AM
I`d use products containing abrasives before the Deep Crystal #2. I agree to pass on the AIO. As products like that go, you`d be better off with the SRP (just IMO).

I wouldn`t use WPS after the DC#2 as I`d worry that it`d clean the DC#2 off. WPS doesn`t fill all that much better anyhow.

Didn`t like the SRP huh? Well, there goes that idea. You must need something with some cut, otherwise I`d say SRP topped with some heavy wax like #16.

Maybe Meg`s #80, then DC#2, then #16

Or 1Z PP, then the WPS, then the #16.