PDA

View Full Version : Linting Viking Chenille Sponge

toml
10-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi all,

I have used several Viking Chenille wash pads over the past 8 months as part of my QEW regime. They`re the ones in a dark blue sleeve. Loved them ... little to no linting.

Recently I picked up the Viking Chenille sponge in a lighter blue sleeve which seems to have replaced the Chenille wash pad (Viking`s website still shows the old wash pads). It seems denser/heftier than the wash pad and has a looser pile. Problem is that the new sponge lints terribly ... and I washed it several times before it ever touched my car. First time on the car, it left enough lint that I switched to a reserve wash pad. I decided to wash the sponge again and give it one more go on the car. It still left lint on the car and in the rinse water. :(

Seems like here`s another case where "newer" isn`t necessarily better. Anyone else have the same problem with these new Chenille sponges? Any recommendations for an OTC Chenille covered sponge that doesn`t lint?

I`m hoping my local KMart still has the old Viking Chenille wash pads on the shelf :)

BigAl3
10-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Seems like here`s another case where "newer" isn`t necessarily better

i hate it when companies try to improve/better a product only to make it worse. like they say, "if it ain`t broke, why fix it?".

toml
10-18-2005, 06:55 PM
I sent an email last night about the linting issue to Viking via their website and got a prompt reply today that they`re aware of the lint issue and were trying to correct it. They also offered to send me a sample of a new wash pad item for next year that hopefully had all of the benefits of chenille without the lint. I am taking them up on the offer ... will be interesting to see what is sent.