PDA

View Full Version : I`d heard a rumor this was coming....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scottwax
10-17-2005, 07:09 PM
...but I didn`t know it would be this soon.

[Acrylic Jett, aka Carlack 68 in a spray formulation.]

I really like the current version, decently easy to use but if the new version is as easy as OCW, that makes it even better. :)

Seems like the spray wax/sealant idea is taking off. First Optimum, then Detailer`s Pride has a spray version of their Premium Surface Shield, and now AJ. :cool:

http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/index.html

BTW, anyone using the current version of Acrylic Jett besides me?

volvoguy
10-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I am scott!, seems to work great on lighter colors. Not as deep as Klasse on my Green Volvo, but way easier to spread and take off.

a.k.a. Patrick
10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
It doesnt stop there Scott..........More to come ;)

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2005, 07:32 PM
But Scott...that doesn`t seem like a different formulation...it just seems that they put a sprayer on the bottle and told you how to do a WOWO. They have directions for doing it WOWO or haze and buff.

imported_Amused
10-17-2005, 07:33 PM

i was for a little while, but i got into using CMW, OCW, and Pizazz the past few months. maybe this spray formulation will bring me back :hifive:

pontman43
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM
But Scott...that doesn`t seem like a different formulation...it just seems that they put a sprayer on the bottle and told you how to do a WOWO. They have directions for doing it WOWO or haze and buff.

Ya, you could do the same with klasse SG, at least thats what I do.

Scottwax
10-17-2005, 07:48 PM

Not so sure about that. I sent Jeff a few pics for his upcoming gallery and got this e-mail back from him. I didn`t mention it on the board earlier because of all the fuss over Shokar, I figured it best to wait until it was released (or not!)

I`m also glad that the Acrylic Jett is working well for you. Always looking for improvements, we are working on a subtle tweak to the formula and to the application directions that should make it even more user friendly. We`ve been testing the revised formula with a trigger sprayer and more of a "quick detail" like application: spray on, spread with microfiber towel over small area, and continue buffing until clear and haze free. So far, testing has been very positive in terms of ease and speed of application, and durability seems substantively unaffected. I want to complete more testing before releasing it, though.

Setec Astronomy
10-17-2005, 07:55 PM
I am just going by that they show only one Jett product, and have two application methods. I guess they tweaked the formula to allow you to use it either way, from what that email says.

pontman43
10-17-2005, 08:17 PM
Not so sure about that. I sent Jeff a few pics for his upcoming gallery and got this e-mail back from him. I didn`t mention it on the board earlier because of all the fuss over Shokar, I figured it best to wait until it was released (or not!)

I`m also glad that the Acrylic Jett is working well for you. Always looking for improvements, we are working on a subtle tweak to the formula and to the application directions that should make it even more user friendly. We`ve been testing the revised formula with a trigger sprayer and more of a "quick detail" like application: spray on, spread with microfiber towel over small area, and continue buffing until clear and haze free. So far, testing has been very positive in terms of ease and speed of application, and durability seems substantively unaffected. I want to complete more testing before releasing it, though.

Ooooh, ooooh. I hope its true! And a reasonable price.

Scottwax
10-17-2005, 08:43 PM

PM me, buddy.

chevyguy28
10-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Are they working on a QD? I mentioned some dissatisfaction with Menzerna Acrylic Shield hazing once in a while, and Jeff said making an acrylic QD is difficult if you want it to have a lot of protection, but they were working on it.

Do tell!

- J

chevyguy28
10-30-2005, 03:52 PM

I am on my titanium car.

Jeff mentioned that the tweaks are subtle, so he hesistated calling it V2.0. In fact, the differences are there mostly to aid spray application apparently. He also said I should try spray application with my original version. We`ll see how it goes.

Does weather make a difference in ease of removal? I remember both AJ and SG being a bit hard to remove if you really slop it on. Yesterday I took a test panel and put a huge amount of each on a small test area and let it dry for an hour or two. Both wiped off fairly easily.

- J

buttashine
10-30-2005, 04:28 PM
Seems like the spray wax/sealant idea is taking off. First Optimum, then Detailer`s Pride has a spray version of their Premium Surface Shield, and now AJ. :cool:

I think many products can be put into spray without any changes, Wolfgang comes to mind for me for that. Wolf is like liqued and is real easy to use. Seams like SG would be close to being able to spray too, just imulsify it in something. I don`t care for Optimum spray or Detailers Prides stuff personally, but I think some companies are getting close with these spray sealants. Is anyone impressed with Menzerna`s acrylic spray?

chevyguy28
10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Is anyone impressed with Menzerna`s acrylic spray?

I like it as a booster to Acrylic Jett/SG or FMJ, but it`s not perfect. It`s really a QD, but has some spray wax qualities. Leaves a very slick finish like FMJ, but is sometimes a bit finicky. You have to work it in very slightly more than a normal QD, but I have seen some slight hazing on black paint in the past. Like a faint shadow of the streaks of the product as you wipe it off. The streaks look like an acrylic haze similar to what Klasse SG leaves behind, but more faint.

It`s strange, because I have also had days where it works 100% perfectly on black. Probably depends on the weather and how quickly you can wipe it off. So overall I really like it, other than the unpredicatability.

I continue to use it, but also have Platinum Ultimate Gloss Enhancer on hand just in case I need something to remove the haze.

Terran
10-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I ordered some regular acrylic jett and it came with a regular top and a sprayer. I used the spray, but just to but it on the applicator.

I used it today and I`m a little dissappointed with ease of use, which I was surprised with given your (scott`s) review. It would come off easy if I did WOWO, but it said to let it haze and I didn`t want to do anything to durability as this is my winter prep. I let it haze and it would mostly come off, but would leave what sort of looked like scratches. I ended up spraying some PB`s S&W on an MF, wiping the surface with that then buffing that and the AJ with a second MF.

What`s your AJ process scott?